Got Half of my Plastics today!

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all, just wanted to let everyone know I got half my plastics back today. He wanted to do some final finishing to my tail section of my bike. I should get it tomorrow. But I will take pics once I get what I have installed tonight!
super.gif

well so far Not so good. The nose wont align up with the front Subframe. The spots where the mirrors connect are bent on both sides, and i have try'd messing with it but its been dark here for over an 1.5hours+

But I got the front fender on, and getting the left/right fairings on. I will need some assistance with the Nose piece.
argue.gif

K, got a problem here. After installing the Left/Right fairing + the front fender.....i have the following problem.

I started the bike up, and rode it down the road and back to make sure nothing was bumping or nudging anything. When I start the bike up, and idle its fine. When I get on the throttle any the Spedo jumps up to like 40-60mph. As I was riding it it would die down to 10mph and shoot back up to 60mph and i was only doing maybe 20mph. So something tells me its a fuse or sensor? Needing some help on this one. Oh and I have a pic coming of the nose section, to give an idea of the color. But keep in mind its off a camera phone.

Check the back of your gauges and make sure that the plug is seated ll the way.

Also, make sure that when you are trying to put on the nose that the ram air tubes slide over the ram air inlets --- you will have to loosen the ram air tubes from the front fairing stay....

(V8N3T @ Nov. 06 2006,21:22) I will need some assistance with the Nose piece.  
argue.gif
6' cheater pipe and a friend to hold the bike will bend that fairing stay where you want it to be.

i will have to mess with it 2morrow in the daylight. I was doing everything pretty much at night, dont have much time to work on my back after we secure from work.

make sure to disconnect the battery when connecting the guages.

and BTW....did you happen to just install a new billet CSS cover?..... I have a theory on that.

(BusaCruise @ Nov. 07 2006,05:59) make sure to disconnect the battery when connecting the guages.

and BTW....did you happen to just install a new billet CSS cover?..... I have a theory on that.
i didnt install anything new, when we secure from work I will check the connection's to the guages. I was doing everything in the dark last night, I may have easily knocked something loose.
eek2.gif

thats what she said last night

never mind i asked what she meant and it was my brain cavity she was refering to.............................i just wanted to try something different,it involved a rope ,a monkey and some honda pro lube , to make it shiny.....................................................................................

cant wait to see the end product ,post pics soon,
all_coholic.gif
 lol

Glad to hear its coming together, hope you get the gauges and nose figured out. More pics too...

Back