Got an iPad 2 for an early bday present

binx

Registered
My wife got me one yesterday and I have been playing with it, but( ya knew it was coming) I am not that impressed with it. Maybe I am expecting to much from it. I converted to a droid about a year ago and the apple os just feels meh...Am I missing something ? It's fast and cool to watch Netflix and cable on. A few games are cool but I have to pay for everything whereas the droid pretty much anything I need is free. I have an awesome wife and she really try's really hard to get me cool things in the present department. I don't want to hurt her feelings but I kinda want to return it. She was super stoked when she gave it to me, that she found the perfect tech gift for me. She thought I would love it and I thought I would to because when I played with one it was cool. The whole it's not mine I need one thing. Anyone have one out there that knows of apps that make it worth the while. I don't want it to sit in the corner like the other "Fad" toys I had to have and now are collecting dust a few weeks to months after I get them. I really wanted a track day or even just a few runs at the strip but she thinks it's the "Devil". Thanks for the print ear to let me be heard and get feedback on what to do.

Android pwns Apple. Period. Now Google bought Motorola communications, so even the iPhone will have some SERIOUS competition in a dedicated Android phone. Can't wait!

Isn't the future cool! :laugh:

I still prefer the apple over the droid hands down. But i do not like to nor want to tinker. That being said havin an iPhone I cant justify buying an iPad. But would happily take one for free :p.

I'm excited about google buying the patents and hope it really generates some competition. Maybe help with some new tech being developed...

Is it WiFi???

A friend of mine has one in it's pretty cool. He turned his truck into a hotspot so listens to Pandora, has his itunes library with him and he has the rear TVs connected to it.

Like the other poster said if you have the iphone or ipod touch or even and android phone that does all of that already and better seems redundant to have the ipad. What I like is the size of the screen :thumbsup:

Really sucks to try and zero in on an icon when you are driving your car on the phone or i pod touch
This isn't his truck but it's close to what he did.

I think the iPad2 offers a great deal of things that the android does not. I have both OS devices and for a tablet the iPad seems to have more things available for it. Yes you have to pay for some of the apps HOWEVER they must meet certain levels of testing, compatibility, process etc to make it into the iTunes store front. There is some comfort in that but there are also great Android apps. I think there are pros/cons to both but from what I have seen iPad2 apps seem more polished

I feel your pain, my gf never buys me ANYTHING for the car or bike as gifts. Which I would much prefer over other options. Usually it is still good stuff though.

Just picked up a Xoom (Droid based tablet) this weekend, use it primarily for work as i'm a network administrator and organization and the amount of notes i make is just ridiculous.

We have deployed a few iPad2's here in the company and I was not impressed with them either. Just reminded me of my old iPhone which i got rid of for a Droid because i was tired of being stuck as is from Apple.

I can tell you one of the biggest points i had issues with between the tablets for my work use, was the ability to transfer files directly to the device. No need for internet hosting and a internet connection to access the files i already had locally.

BUT ... either is still a piece of technology that takes getting used to ... but being a Droid phone owner and having played with iOS since iPhone 1.0 lol I already knew which direction i was going :D

like sideswipe said ... jailbreak... not a fan of android on my phones ( not bad on my google tv) same as with my computers. once you go mac you never go back ( if you know how to unlock them and use them to there potential )

I currently have a iPad, the only reason I purchased it was because the wife wanted it! If it were up to me I would have Htc flyer or samsung tablet, I love my android and will never own another iPhone!

Here's a pic of my phone.

motorola-first_cell_phone.jpg

Don't need nuthin else :)

Dan got a ipad from his company and I got a Motorola Xoom a few weeks ago. Personally, I like my Xoom better. Much easier to get apps than the ipad and does everything I've seen the ipad do. I don't have it tethered to a service provider so it's only WiFi, but that works just fine for me and I don't have another $50/month bill. And it runs Flash.

Since I have a Droid phone, all of my apps were instantly on the Xoom when I entered my gmail info. I'm kind of an Apple Hater, so the Xoom works very well for me.

I got the wifi because 3G is to slow and with the limits on the networks bandwidth it's pointless plus the extra bill sux. It has kinda grown on me in the last day, but I think I am going to try to jail break once their is one available for 4.3.5. Make an Idroid.lol... Any apps anyone knows to get to play with this thing?

Back