got a question for u (yes U)

Good luck, even if the judge lets you off you still have to pay court cost, the money is all they want anyway...Just tell the truth...

"so last night i got pulled over......" had u been riding prior to that nite? or had u just left your house? if the judge ends up not having it, and you have to pay, request that your fines go to a charity of their choice (or your choice-but let them pick 1st). the idea here is to not have your insuarance go up. yes, i've done it and its worked. states might vary but its worth a shot. ontop of what Vega said, it might time to pull out your armani suit. good luck

I was doing this at about 45 mph 5 cars coming towards me the third was a cop :banghead: , he braked hard and pulled over had to wait on the last 2 in his group of 5 and about 3 - 5 more before he could make a turn. The 1st, only and last time I downshifted and throttled when I saw lights. Yeah I got away very easily but I was scared to death and somehow I didn't think running a stop sign at 80 on a backroad was safe. Not thinking straight even if you know the road your still driving in a panic (or I was) I am just glad I lived through it and learned my lesson. Looking back glad I got away but I would not do it again. Just keep my speed and wait on him.

I don't know the law on this but I was going to get stopped for it, now I just warm up the tire on the backroads when nothing is around. :beerchug:

Wishing you good luck in court. let us know.

Side point: what you did does not warm the tires much. Accelerate hard and brake hard a few times - that will do it. As for cleaning the tire from dirt: as you lean the bike, the tire gets cleaned automatically with each revolution of the wheel.

Doing it for fun is a different story.

If you stayed within your lane, you were legal, and I'd fight the ticket. Even if you didn't, whose to say you weren't dodging something in the road? The law in this case is clearly on your side given what you said above.

You have the use of YOUR WHOLE LANE as other vehicles do! Would he have pulled a different vehicle over for doing the same thing WITHIN the lane? I highly doubt it!

I'd fight it! Tell the truth as others have said!

my uncles a cop and hes goin to try to (fix it) but if that doesnt work he told to call the prosequters office and talk to one and see what they say Cause i honestly never would of thought doin a S within a lane was wrong well thanks to all

I fight every ticket i get.... so far my win % is about 75% wins...

Vega nailed a lot of it...

Do not offend the judge, or the officer...

BOTH are significantly more respected in the court than you..
Only speak when the judge asks you to, don't interrupt the officer... you will get your turn to offer evidence...

Don't explain "what the officer saw" he saw what he saw, you can't tell him what he saw..

You MUST offer evidence, to refute what the officer says you were doing...

This does not mean your opinion on what happened, it means EVIDENCE...

Opinions are not facts in court...

If you can offer something which shows that not only is your act considered NORMAL for motorcycle operation, but SAFE AND ACCEPTED PRACTICE, did not endanger peds or vehicles, and was not a "display of performance" of any sort...

THEN you might get a reduction.... this is usually the best you can hope for..

a NICE judge might dismiss...

the ultimate hope is, officer doesn't show up, and judge tosses ticket...

The biggest problems i have seen in court usually are:

1) people offer their opinion as fact, unless you are an expert in the field and have credentials, your opinion isnt worth POOP...

2) people try to discredit the officer, the officer has 100X the credibility any citizen will have walking in the door...

3) interrupting the officers testimony, people frequently want to jump up and say "thats not what happened" or "to explain what he saw"

4) if part of your testimony is about what the officer saw, TAKE NOTES, and on your turn specifically address them, with your evidence...

good luck!

If you stayed in your lane I see no reason for the ticket. For all the officer knew you were avoiding an object in the road. The bike has the right to use the every inch of the lane its in. From line to line. I'd fight it no matter what. Now if the officer shows up and says you were going from lane to lane. It help if you had witnesses.

Back