Got a new cell phone and took a pic...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
The wife and I had our old gray scale LG's that were old and on sale when we bought'em almost 3 years ago...for like $10ea. ($19.95 buy 1 get 1 deal)...well?...they were old the day we gott'em but they served us great...then we added a line for our oldest daughter for her 13th BD....and she got a nice color screen LG...2 years and 8 months later it was time..way past time for me and the wife...and my oldest daughters been whining for a camera phone...so?...My oldest daughter and I got the good ones (LG 8100)..and the wife and other two daughters got the LG5200's that came with'em...and even they are a serious upgrade as compared to what we had..but I love this new 8100...1.3 megpix camera that takes pix and flix..with speaker phone, bluetooth and web enabled..anyways..just wanted to check out a pic of my machine at work...cnc 3d milling...snapped the pic with my phone and then mailed it to my email addy...worked great....so lets check it out...

MACHINE1.jpg

Notice my scorpion helmet?
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Doesn't your helmet smell like the shop coolant when it's time to go home. There's no way I will take my lid inside the shop for the day...........................YUCK.
sad.gif

Doesn't your helmet smell like the shop coolant when it's time to go home.  There's no way I will take my lid inside the shop for the day...........................YUCK.
sad.gif
nope.....my scorpion lid smells just fine...so does my coolant...I flush, rinse and change it out at least once a month...he11...my coworkers would give me he11 for having stinky coolant...as I would them...also just like the PC I'm dnc'ing from?..that my helmets sitting on top of?..(and incidently?....that's my JR Pheonix Jacket hanging on a bolt behing it)...is on the far side (read:dry side) of my machine...but that aside?...

It's sorta ironic as get this...I have 4 helmets...2 SHOEI RF900's (one black and one a silver/graphite busa model that mathes my '03) and an old plain vanilla HJC and I bought the scorpion about 6 months ago..and initially I bought the $199 scorpexo700 as a new "Knock Around Lid" to replace my aged HJC and so I didn't muck up my shoei's by being tempted to wear them into work...but something odd happened...as I discovered that..the scorpion rox...great ventlation...comfy as he11 with a great fit and..head buffeting is like non-existant...even on head checks....and get this...I started leaving the scorpion at home so I didn't muck it up!!! And started wearing my shoei's into work so I didn't muck up my new beloved and crowned winng #1 helmet...the scorpion!!! LOL!

wait...it gets better...I get a good run to a from work each day...for a busa anyways...as I work one exit up I-95...and there I was wearing either or of my 2 shoei's to work and back nearly everyday...trying to keep my $199 scorpion in pristine condition as my newly throned sunday helmet...and it get's better yet...as...believe it or not?....after wearing/riding the scorpion?...I just couldn't take it anymore...as my hate for my shoei's grew deeper and deeper with everyday that I wore them too and from work...they sucked..buffeting...wind whistling visor seals..visors fogging up on cold mornings...and I had none of that with the scorpion...maybe a slight fogging of a small portion of the lower area when sitting still at stoplights on real chilly mornings but nothing like how badly and quick the shoei's fogged up....and forget about the hjc...that biotch would look like you were rolling into a steven spielberg movie if ya even slowed down and breathed...but I finally gave in....couldn't take it anymore...and there's nothing like ownig a helmet you love..he11...it's one of (if not the most) important part of the quality of each and every ride..he11.....it's "Your Cabin Area" so to speak...and if your head ain't comfy in there?...and it's a crappy performing, wind whistling, buffeting and fogg'in up POS?...it'll totally destroy the overall quality of YOUR entire riding experience.

So?...I can't help myself....and these days?...no matter where I'm going or what I'm doing when I get there?...I find myself reaching for that scorpion every damn time...every time.

Guess I gotta get another "For Dress" model eh? LOL!

btw....if it ever does "get stinky"?...I'll just remove the washable liner pads and toss'em in the washer.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146367985 -->

Just curious, never been in a machine shop that didn't stink. Hell even fresh coolant smells. Our shop doesn't smell as factory smelling as some others I've delivered to, or had meetings in, but the first thing I want to do when I get home from my place is get those clothes off and take a shower.

Beyond the helmet, I won't take my leather in either.
blush.gif

Just curious, never been in a machine shop that didn't stink.  Hell even fresh coolant smells.  Our shop doesn't smell as factory smelling as some others I've delivered to, or had meetings in, but the first thing I want to do when I get home from my place is get those clothes off and take a shower.

Beyond the helmet, I won't take my leather in either.
blush.gif
whatever...but just to satisfy both of our apparently growing curiosities?...and this is pathetic (if not borderline sick)
laugh.gif
buuuut...I just went out and smelled the inside of my (never been washed yet liners) 6-7 month old scorpion and...

it smells like a cross between a brand new just out of the wrapper cheap polyester shirt and...

my shampoo.
laugh.gif

with no "MachineShop/Coolant/Oil" smells whatsoever.

then again?...maybe after working/living in machine shops all these years I've just grown accoustomed to all those "Nasty Man Smells".
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

but I know this...there ain't a machine in our shop with coolant or oil that smells half as nasty as my busa's de-pair'ed akra full exhaust firing up first thing cold in the morning.
laugh.gif
annnnd...

I LIKE THAT!
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif