Got a new car

Mason357

Registered
After hitting a deer and totaling my old car I got a new one. 2000 Mazda MX-5 for a great deal. This is my 3rd MX-5. It's the special edition with matching hard top.

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

just drop a small block in it!
Mason what is the hot tip for a Miata the Subaru turbo motor? (I don't remember at 3 in the morning)

Nahh check out some 2JZ swaps with a single turbo setup, already forged from the factory and a used low mileage setup with a 5spd tranny is only $1500 bucks!

My MX-5 that got totaled was turbocharged I think it had more power than a regular LS swap. After I hit the deer I lost control and rolled it so I wasn't sure about getting another convertible but I guess it's no more dangerous than riding my busa. I can post a few pics of the old one if yaw want I have no idea how I survived that wreck.

LS swap is where it's at. Cheap and easy. Wait, I think I dated her years ago......
yeah for drag racing but handling goes out the window, a "K" from a honda is a simple light swap and over 300 HP. But I heard the best was a Mitsubishi or a Subaru whatever making big HP. (Just don't recall)

yeah for drag racing but handling goes out the window, a "K" from a honda is a simple light swap and over 300 HP. But I heard the best was a Mitsubishi or a Subaru whatever making big HP. (Just don't recall)
An aluminum LS1 dressed weighs less than 100 lbs over the stock motor. Easy to overcome with the power. An LS motor will make more torque than any of the the motor swaps listed, it ain't just for drag racing.

Indeed. It's a hella stout platform. RB22 as well. I saw a blown 302 swapped into a Miata like 25 years ago at an auto show, kinda reminded me of a little cobra.

Back