Got a Mac Book Pro

Rocketman

Registered
biggrin.gif
  Very happy.  I've been using PC's for years and years... since 1989 actually.  I have really enjoyed Windows XP and Windows 2003 servers.  But the multimedia and functionalities for DVD etc, have been tempramental.

Today - I ventured out and purcahased a Mac Book Pro - oh my gawsh!  Very impressive.  I cannot believe how easy things were to setup and how great it is to have things just work.   I'm giving my new Dell D810 with XP to my business partner.  It's a great box and no problems... except with Internet Explorer - which won't play streamed video for some reason - I have to use FireFox.

I'll keep you posted on things... but this is definitely a worthwhile purchase.  Wow!

cool.gif

I am about 2 weeks from ordering mine. I am going to go with the 15inch 2.33. I have been wanting one fore more and more. My desktop will stay a PC. And I will prob stay with that or upgrade in a few years. But as of Jan 1 07 I will be a Mac OS X user. Congrats on your buy. You know they have a program that will run XP along with your OS X so you can run windows based programs too right?

I was a PC user as well till I started working for Apple. 2 years ago I used my first MAC and will never use anything else. These things are rock solid.

My sister has been a Mac freak since PC's began. In reference to Window's bugginess and instability she has a saying:

"Windows isn't a virus- viruses actually do what they're made to do"
laugh.gif

Yeah i had a problem with media player in explorer, its actually a missing plugin, if you need the plugin let me know

I have been considering making the jump too, almost time to give up the VAIO's. Keep us posted and let us know pro's and con's.

I'm a very very happy Macbook Pro user have been for 5 years now , ill never go back to windows.

If you use Safari the OS X native web browser, streaming video works fantastic.

sf
smile.gif

ok, I want to know more, got me interested, i have heard they are virus resistant, and really user friendly....

They will take a bit to get used to. But they are pretty bullet proof in the virus and spyware dept. Your best bet is to get to an Apple store if one is near you to play with is a bit and look around. Then you can make your own choice. Not everyone will like them.

I have the PowerBook G4 and will never go back to Windows. I have installed Virtual PC which allows me to play Windows. I only use it to connect any of my gadgets which doesnt have Mac software such as my GPS, etc. Otherwise, I use the Mac OS. Beware: Virtual PC needs a lot of RAM.

(Fate @ Dec. 20 2006,01:51) ok, I want to know more, got me interested, i have heard they are virus resistant, and really user friendly....
Although they are resistant to viruses, (Unix underpinnings and all), the reason you don't hear about viruses for the Mac is because none are being written for them.

There are, I believe, 42 known viruses for the Mac, all of which were written in the PREVIOUS MILLENNIUM. None of them work with the current version of the OS.
laugh.gif

Windows has long since passed the 100,000 virus mark, and is making hasty tracks for the 1 Million mark.
eek2.gif

Yep, Mac's are nice.

My boss bought a Mac a couple years ago and it was simply inadequate to the tasks.

Also, I'm a keyboard user which means I avoid touching the mouse at all costs. The mouse slows you down, etc. etc. But the Mac forces you to use the friggin' mouse all the time and it was highly frustrating.

Eventually, it started having problems and the Mac tech support really sucked too.

I don't think I'll be getting a Mac any time soon, viruses notwithstanding.

--Wag--

Wag..
if you dig deep into OS X , it has tons of keyboard commands, much faster then a PC.

Go to the Apple site and it has OS X user training its great.

I heard about the stability and, well, the fact its not a hacker target long ago. A IT buddy of mine used to write both hacks and cracks for PC's, all the time laughing at the security of the Mac. I always wondered if the virus thing wasn't Apple hiring geeks to bring down the MAN and increase profit, but since its been this way for decades I think its just a genuine hatred for PC
smile.gif
I'll be checking out this Mac powerbook soon. Other than Apple, any good websites on them?

Charlie..

The great thing about Mac Book Pro is the ablity to run windows in virtual mode , works fantastic.

if you need to acces windows files the system allows you to switch between them with just a key-stroke.

Mac-windows windows-mac etc etc

Sf

Back