Got a good reccomendation for a bike radio?

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
I have an MP3 player that I have about 2 gigs of songs on and have listened to the thing so much that I can just about know what song is coming up next before the one playing finishes:laugh: I have around a 140 mile commute each day to work and back, so listening to music definitely breaks up the boredom some.... BUT, I have some regular "radio" stations that I would love to be able to listen to ( my favorite being KLOVE christian radio)--- and some of my other "local" FM stations...
I bought another little MP3 player at Christmas that had a built in FM radio and internal antenna but it really don't pick up worth a crap on the bike....

Anybody have any experience finding a really good unit (around the same size as MP3 players) that are a good fit for the bike AND ACTUALLY GET GOOD FM RECEPTION??? I would really love to be able to listen to my local stations but can't really depend on advertising as to what is good or not... so if anybody out there has some good personal input on a good unit, I'd appreciate the info... Thanx in advance:thumbsup:

I know you wanted FM but you may want to look at satellite radio instead. A lot of GPS units come with XM now and you could kill two birds with one stone if you've been wanting a GPS also.

I have a 120GB Ipod with 3912 songs and new ones are added weekly. I use the shuffle option and never know what is coming up next:) I also have about 17GB of photos on in and still have 80GB free.

iPhone with an app called WunderRadio. You can listen to virtually any radio station in the country via AT&T's network. :thumbsup:

I know you wanted FM but you may want to look at satellite radio instead. A lot of GPS units come with XM now and you could kill two birds with one stone if you've been wanting a GPS also.

+1

I have a Garmin Zumo 550 with the XM antenna. I also have an SD card in it that I use for MP3 storage. Just a quick tap of the screen allows me to switch between MP3 or XM. Also, I have it all hooked up to my Autocom system...Bluetooth to my blackberry so I have phone, too. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the ideas guys--- I had been thinking about the satellite radio but just don't know if I want the monthly fee thing....not cheap just broke:laugh:
I already have the GPS covered and have my Autocomm system---currently run my MP3 player through it---:thumbsup:
I just was looking for a really simple GOOD RECEPTION device that would give me FM capability and would actually have pretty STRONG reception capability...
I may have to just look to the XM / Sirius.... don't know--- I appreciate the input :thumbsup:

what cell service do you have???

I have a tmobile G1 (google phone)...8 gigs of music on it, ear buds, navigation app and an accurate GPS based speedometer all on my phone.
has a touch screen display just like any zumo.... and its a lot cheaper.

you could go that route....

Last edited:
Omslaw has my dream setup but for now i use a sirus stiletto 2. It also has a 2 gig mp3 card but, no fm. Sirus has two christian channels but neither is as good as klove. FM only setups are fairley inexpensive though.

Omslaw has my dream setup but for now i use a sirus stiletto 2. It also has a 2 gig mp3 card but, no fm. Sirus has two christian channels but neither is as good as klove. FM only setups are fairley inexpensive though.

Yeah I figured as much Notright...I really like the KLOVE network- they have a great ministry there...

Droo, I got tired of hearing myself a lllooonnngg time ago:laugh::whistle:

That's definitely a possibility Greenbean---that's a good deal on that set-up:beerchug:

Sure thing man,

Also call your local BestBuy first,

The one here in South Asheville has a damaged box unit I have been watching it's down to like 127 bucks I think. I just got a cheap Dell laptop from them and had been watching the price drop, if it gets closer to 100 I'll bite, lol...

I should have just asked a manager to drop the price when i got my laptop and mouse, lol...

:whistle:

JBLKawasakiZX10R.jpg

If your still looking for a simple radio Sony makes a walkman style for about $30. I've seen it at walmart and Bestbuy. For the money it's well worth it.

Back