Got a Gixxer! Fo the Wife!

guido4512

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, for the last couple of months the wife has been bugging me to buy her a bike. She wanted a Busa and I was like 'Um
rock.gif
I don't know honey" and I let her ride mine. She did ok ( man, I was nervous!) but the size/ weight of the bike is just a little TOO much for her. She rode / owned a Harley Sportster for a few years (and sold)and took the MSF course and does great on a bike but with the top heavy characteristics of the Busa (not to mention the BRUTAL acceleration) I felt a little smaller bike would suit her alot better (at least til she gets used to the "sportbike" stance).
Anyway, I found a pretty good deal on a gsxr600k4 that was unmolested with only 4000 miles. It came with some carbon fiber turn signals, lowering links, a bald stock rear tire and a right side fairing that was scuffed up pretty good where the dude dropped it. Otherwise the bike is super clean and runs like a champ!
cool.gif

I will hopefully be able to repair the fairng and repaint.

heres a few pics, you pic mongers.................
tounge.gif

DSC00607.JPG

The first thing I had to do was get rid of the homemade license tag holder...............

I then built my own from aluminum and mounted the CF look turn sigs to it. No plate attched , yet...

DSC00614.JPG

Heres the gouged up plastic on the right side. I will repair this and re paint. Stickers have been removed..........

DSC00609.JPG

good deal. I wish her luck on it. I'd love to be able to afford a 1K to add to the stable.

The next item on the mod list was Exhaust!
I'm a cheap bastid so I went the simple route and got my sawzall out!
I cut about 8 inches off and it sounds pretty kewl. Not too loud or quiet..............

DSC00608.JPG

This is the worst of the damaged fairing. A hole thru the plastic.
mad.gif
We will rebuild it -we have the technology......................

DSC00616.JPG

Nice bike Todd. Let me know if you need anything for it.

Very nice! And an excellent bike for her. Good luck on gettin' her back into tip-top shape. PS From the looks of that first pic, I'll bet you have some nice roads in that area.

beerchug.gif

Congrats to her for going the sport bike route. Not many of us, but we are catching on!
smile.gif

Nice bike, I love that color. I'd keep the grafics though. I am getting a 04' GSXR600 this spring for a track bike. Congrats to your lucky wife
beerchug.gif

Nice find! Congrats to the wifey......and my opinion(which doesn't mean much by the way) is to leave the bike without decals, solid yeller with black frame is just bad azz....
I'm surprised Zuk hasn't released a yellow/black Busa over all these years...
race.gif

Just my .02
wink.gif

Dan

Nothing more awesome than cruisin' with your wife. After you get used to it, that is!

Good on ya!

--Wag--

Ok here's an update....

I got the hole in the plastic fixed .

I used some donor plastic from my Busa's rear shovel !

smile.gif

DSC00617.JPG

I cut a 3/4" disc from the shovel and placed it over the hole on the back edge.
I used my soldering iron to 'weld' the plastic to the back of the fairing then 'filled' in the front.

Such as this.......................

DSC00618.JPG

Back