Got a ? for all the TRE haters(yes im serious)

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
if TREs suck so bad and are worthless garbage why does MPS racing reflash the computer to unify the timing in the lower gears when you send it in to be programmed for an air shifter? isnt that what a TRE does?

Just sent mine and they are going to put the kill time in it for the air shifts, UNIFY THE TIMING, remove the speed limiter and raise the rev limit.

???

The tre uses 5th gear timing for all the gears, as opposed to having it set per gear by a good dyno tuner. It was once also needed to over ride the top speed limiter(by the computer thinking the bike was in 5th gear instead of 6th), now there are better ways to do that.
TRE's have caused irratic idle and several gremlins in many bikes.
A good tuner will show up and give you all the details.

I think they are unifying and killing the timing only on your shift point and not for all the time?
Maybe?

Anyway I had a tre on my 09 and it eventually caused an irratic idle and drank the gas.
I took it off and picked up almost 10mpgs and it runs clean now.

as a simple test for tre

run the bike for 100miles with it fitted

have a look at your plugs and i guarantee they will be sooty.

run for another 100 mile with it off and hey presto nice grey plugs again simples.

lumpy idle and bike feels more harsh so all bad news with a cheap tre (and i mean the cheap smart tre's ) like this item

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a GIPro smart tre fitted (wasn't cheap) and am really pleased with the results... You've all got me worried now!!!! Should I take it off?

I have a GIPro smart tre fitted (wasn't cheap) and am really pleased with the results... You've all got me worried now!!!! Should I take it off?

I also have a GIpro ATRE for my Busa, It works fine for me no problem with engine idle or anything other. But I'm still curious to know why so many people are having problems. Healtech who makes Gipro TRE have a line of product that are sold world wide. I know they do R&D on there products not like those homemade TREs sold on eBay for $25. I did have a homemade TRE on my last bike (GSXR1000) and did give idle problem, I purchase the GIpro and everything work fine. I think that why so many people are having this issue maybe there are buying homemade TREs.

Sent from my Hayabusa!

I also have a healtech and no problems thus far. I did notice a slight drop in MPG's.. but only like 1 or 2 at a max.

To answer all questions, yes toss the TRE's.

As in the original question YES with a reflash it puts in 5th gear values like the tre. But what the doesn't do is make up for the ram air compensation that adds 10% more fuel (roughly) in gears 5 and 6. So when the ecu sees that the bike is constantly in 5th gear, even though it might be in gears 1-4, or neutral, the ecu is dumping in a ton more fuel. That's why you get the crappy idle, plugs, and milage.

Oh and unifying doesn't accrue till you hit that button on ecu editor. What that's actually doing is becides adding the 5th gear values, it makes it so the ecu only uses one ignition table, so it makes it easier to tune. Plus from factory, on cylinders 1 and 2, or 1 and 3 (forgot what ones exactly) those 2 cylinders run a little more advance. But not after you unify.

Same thing goes for unifing the fuel tables. Stock the ecu has several loaded it can used based off of the information from sensor input. When you unify, it only uses one table.

To answer all questions, yes toss the TRE's.

As in the original question YES with a reflash it puts in 5th gear values like the tre. But what the doesn't do is make up for the ram air compensation that adds 10% more fuel (roughly) in gears 5 and 6. So when the ecu sees that the bike is constantly in 5th gear, even though it might be in gears 1-4, or neutral, the ecu is dumping in a ton more fuel. That's why you get the crappy idle, plugs, and milage.

I have a Gipro ATRE. Also I dyno tune my Busa with the bazzaz ZFI with my TRE installed, does that mean the TRE still dumps 10% more fuel on my lower gears?

Sent from my Hayabusa!

I have a Gipro ATRE. Also I dyno tune my Busa with the bazzaz ZFI with my TRE installed, does that mean the TRE still dumps 10% more fuel on my lower gears?

Sent from my Hayabusa!
Yes. The zfi box, and power commanders are one in the same as far as how they work. They piggy back the ecu, and modify the injector signals. So yes, the stock ecu is still adding that extra 10% plus or minus whatever the values are in the cells below 5th gear.

I don't remeber if I said it, but that 10% of fuel is called ram air compensation.

Yes. The zfi box, and power commanders are one in the same as far as how they work. They piggy back the ecu, and modify the injector signals. So yes, the stock ecu is still adding that extra 10% plus or minus whatever the values are in the cells below 5th gear.

I don't remeber if I said it, but that 10% of fuel is called ram air compensation.

Is there anything I can do to remove that 10%?

Sent from my Hayabusa!

You can take it off via ecu editor, but chances are then you'll be running lean then at high speeds. Your best bet is go dith the zfi, and tre, and just run straight ecu editor.

You can take it off via ecu editor, but chances are then you'll be running lean then at high speeds. Your best bet is go dith the zfi, and tre, and just run straight ecu editor.

This winter I'm getting my Busa modified by Powerhouse and I'll ask him about this 10% problem TRE gives. Ill ask to tune my bike via ECU editor. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Hayabusa!

I send a e-mail to Healtech that makes the Gipro ATRE and see what they say about this, I'll keep you posted.

Interesting thread. Thanks for all the knowledge shared but I have something really important to point out:

Murderedout07 made 4 posts in this thread and his post total still says 228. Could this be because some of our sponsors sell Tre's :suspect:

Keep it on topic with technical information, please.

I deleted the typical bashing and joke posts.

crazyarch If I understand your question correctly, the number of posts listed under the user name are dynamic. If he posts additional posts in other threads, the post count you see here will update also.

Yes, we have some sponsors that sell TRE or TRE type devices. We do not filter posts related to a item that some may not agree with because a sponsor(s) sells it as long is it is a technical discussion. Examples: A post that says "XXXXX is a crook because he sells TREs" would be removed. Discussion of what a TRE will or will not do will along with alternate solutions to achieve the same performance goals are always welcome.

Back