Got a bit nervous.

newman

Registered
When I went to visit mum and and dad a couple months ago I nearly dropped the bike, coming out of where they lived.

Lynne was on the back.

I didn't feel right and felt wobbly.
Thinking about it, Lynne and me came to the conclusion that It was because I've got type 2 Diabetes, and didn't have anything to eat, and it affected me.

Well It knocked my confidence on the bike, the next two times, I went out with Lynne on the back, I was so nervous, and it was affecting my riding.

It seems funny but I seemed to be thinking to much about how I was riding, and I was riding rubbish.

So I said to Lynne I've got to get out by myself on it.

I got out a couple of times a couple of weeks ago. The first time I had to make myself go, the next day was better.

Because of the weather, I haven't been out until today, when I went on a longer ride, a bit nervy but after a little while I began to relax and feel as though I'm back to normal now.:thumbsup:

I even said to Lynne I was going to sell the bike at one point.

I'm really glad I didn't give up.

On a side note in Colchester I saw two ZZR 1400, a silver one and a green one.

This is the first one I've seen up close, and I'm not bashing them but I didn't like them.

I didn't like the seat, the tail and the grill fairings.

The fairings looked a bit plasticky.

I liked the front.

I was sat there thinking, the Busa looks to me like a proper sports bike, and the Kawasaki, well didn't.

Don't get me wrong I'd still get one if I had the dosh, but then again, if I had the dosh I'd have a garage full of different bikes.:laugh:

For what it's worth newman, a former GF of mine was type 1, and she would carry lifesaver candy for cases of when
she hadn't or couldn't eat and was getting to low. One or two was enough to bring her back up.
I don't know if you carry anything but lifesavers are small and not effected to much by the heat, and could be left in
your jacket for those few times when it could make a big difference. Just thought I would past this along.

Good for you, mate! Confronting your own fears is a very challenging task. If let go free, this thing feeds on any and all information you have and ruins every experience. You gotta show it the finger, stomp on it hard, trust in yourself, and before you know it the beast will be gone, leaving only a vague memory.

It's happened a few times to me, but I was suffering from flat rear tires. Glad you're sticking with it.

It's funny how things can spook you and it's hard to get it out of your head. I have had pretty serious offs on a motorcycle but my spills at less than 5 mph still have me jumpy at low speeds. Good for you pushing through it!:thumbsup:

Back