Gorgeous GXR1K Hints of the gen 3 Busa maybe?

E Zurcher

Registered
Other than this being a beautiful bike, what do you see that might show up on the Gen 3?

I see

Radial master cylinders with pee cups
Interesting air intakes
GP style swingarm
Narrow spoke wheels
Multi part tank design with lots of plastic bits
New frame design

Yoshimura-Suzuki-GSX-R1000-Limited.jpg

That is a beautiful bike! I'm excited at the idea of a Gen3 Busa, not that I'll replace my Gen1, but it's time to see Suzuki step things up once more and get the Busa crowd excited about the Hayabusa again! :thumbsup:

Hasn't the GSXR1000 had those features for years? My '05's 1K wheels were tiny spokes like that, and I thought I remember it having a radial master. I could be wrong. But either way, that was way before the Gen2 busa even.

Had to dig up an old pic, but yeah, most of those advancements were done back in '05. :down:

Point was it would be nice to see some of that cross over finally. Except for the pee cups, always hated those.

I'm sure it's easier but aesthetically, I like the unified reservoir better. I always thought the Pee cups looked cheap and flimsy plus there is usually a hose from the cup to the piston that will have to be replaced eventually. Believe it or not, that was one of my discriminators in choosing the Busa over the ZX-14, other than the Busa looked dead sexy!

Back