GoPro

StrtRac3r

Registered
I don't have the time for making a mount or ordering anything so I'm stuck with stickies. Is this a terrible view? Seems "ok". Any others find a cool spot for stick on mounts?

image-2616781508.jpg

I have there and helmet. It is mounted high enough not to scrape.

image-2616781508.jpg

Stickies seem to work ok AS LONG AS:

1. You clean the surface area with alcohol to allow the adhesive to work
2. You do it on a warm enough surface
3. You give it AT LEAST 24 hours for the adhesive to cure (which is where most people seem to make the mistake)

If you can create a TEATHER (they make ones that fit into a second adhesive pad) that will keep you from losing it should the first one fail.

Make sure you don't put it somewhere that you scrape it off if you lean over too much (see Pashnit); if you really want to see some mounting Ideas, I think he's tried them all)...

Thanks, yeah I'm going to attach the tether to a hard part. I like his mounts a lot, but I go on my trip Saturday and procrastinated to long to buy poles....

pay the $30 and grab a suction unit. you can mount that bad boy almost anywhere on the bike and not worry about it coming off on high speed runs. this is a quick triple digit blast last night mounted on the windscreen out front. little shaky because i slapped it on the lower part of the screen.
- YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good to see. I've always kinda avoided the suction because of thoughts of the crap GPS suction units in cars.

The suction from GoPro is amazing. I've had it above 150 and it didn't budge. Make sure you have a clean, FLAT surface for it to stick on.

if the suction cup survives a PLANE ride, then will probably be OK on a bike trip :)

Or these mounting positions:

Last edited by a moderator:
if the suction cup survives a PLANE ride, then will probably be OK on a bike trip :)

Hey Kromeo!
What's up?
Need to get a ride in soon, been a while!
Maybe after the fires have died down though!
Take care bro, and Ride Safe!
Bubba

Hey Kromeo!
What's up?
Need to get a ride in soon, been a while!
Maybe after the fires have died down though!
Take care bro, and Ride Safe!
Bubba

Hola, Bubba. Indeed, it has been a while and hope you/family are well. Currently working on my tan in Kandahar, will ping you when I get back next year :)

Back