GoPro

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
My wife got me a GoPro camera for Christmas, and I was wondering what you guys were using as video editing software. Is there any free programs out there? It is after Christmas and I dont have any estra to spend on the software.

Thank You!!!

I've used VideoPad video editor, works good and is easy to use. Also if you have a PC with windows 7, movie maker should work.

Sent from my DROID X2

I use Movie Maker Live on Windows 7. If you don't have windows 7 or a Mac, I don't know of anything free out there. Quick Time Pro for Windows Xp/vista isn't very expensive.

If you have the HD model you will need windows 7 with windows movie maker as it records in mp4. If you have an older computer you will need to convert the file to something other than mp4 before you can edit. The link above will work and I used to use avisforyou to do the conversion. Then any older windows version with windows movie maker will work. Unless you have a mac and then you are all set.

GoPro Hero uses .mp4 file format which is not native to Windows XP. You need Windows 7. If you have 7, Movie Maker works fine. I have Adobe Premier Elements 10 and it's pretty dang good also. Go read the GoPro resource pinned thread you all this has been discussed and more.

yep, for the basics, Movie Maker is just wonderful if you don't want to get to detailed and involved. After testing about 10 different systems, I settled on SONY VEGAS for it's speed, ease of use and cost. The adobe stuff is great, but more Professional oriented and thus has a much larger learning curve, as well as much more advanced tool sets that most people will never use. my input for what it is worth

Heck......even the windows movie maker has a pretty good learning curve!! Or maybe I am just slow?..LOL!!

Back