GoPro Video of Sunday Ride

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I shot this video Sunday on a road called the Superbike Highway in North Carolina. Famous to sportbikers around here. There have been a ton of motorcycle accidents around here this weekend and there was a really serious one right where I was planning to film. They had to helicopter the guy out of there and his R6 was burned to a crisp. Anyway I was being pretty conservative, didn't want to get famous on Youtube for a crash video!

Sorry, it wouldn't let me embed this.

Last edited by a moderator:
great video ! nice ride .. !!:thumbsup:

i hope i get that gopro so i will film my twisty road i drive every sunny weekends..

Great quality on the video, wish I could get my hands on a camera like this without having to travel to the USA to get it.

The one thing that bugs me is am I the only one that would push the Busa to my own limits on a road like that? (I am sure my limits are still way below what the Busa can offer but still)...

I found that I´d fall asleep if I had to ride like you did on the video (however, you are more likely to keep enjoying the Busa trouble free than I am!)

I shot this video Sunday on a road called the Superbike Highway in North Carolina. Famous to sportbikers around here. There have been a ton of motorcycle accidents around here this weekend and there was a really serious one right where I was planning to film. They had to helicopter the guy out of there and his R6 was burned to a crisp. Anyway I was being pretty conservative, didn't want to get famous on Youtube for a crash video!

- 100905 Superbike Highway.wmv[/url]

Sorry, it wouldn't let me embed this.

You can embed this in the video section. :beerchug: Check it out------> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/videos/?do=viewdetails&videoid=37

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean this?

Just copy and paste the "kZJT3In9U0w" between the youtube markers is all the board software needs now....

I think that's the least traffic on a NC highway I've ever seen....

Great quality on the video, wish I could get my hands on a camera like this without having to travel to the USA to get it.

The one thing that bugs me is am I the only one that would push the Busa to my own limits on a road like that? (I am sure my limits are still way below what the Busa can offer but still)...

I found that I´d fall asleep if I had to ride like you did on the video (however, you are more likely to keep enjoying the Busa trouble free than I am!)

First off, nice vid man!
Now he did say he had recently seen an accident and was going to take it easy. So why comment on how you'd fall asleep. Post your break-neck video before making silly comments. :laugh:

My friend,

I can say that on this particular day I was riding at what I felt were my safe limits. I have ridden the road much faster and I have ridden it much slower. It depends on my confidence that day, the conditions, does my bike feel right, traffic, am I tired, many such factors. The only factor I don't consider is whether or not the camera is on.

Some think courage can be measured in miles per hour but good motorcyclists know that courage is measured by having the wisdom to admit you are not the fastest or most talented person on two wheels and there's no honor in proving it.

The howl of a Hayabusa engine is like a siren's song and it can lure you into danger. To pilot the beast you must ride with your brain, not your testicles.

My friend,

I can say that on this particular day I was riding at what I felt were my safe limits. I have ridden the road much faster and I have ridden it much slower. It depends on my confidence that day, the conditions, does my bike feel right, traffic, am I tired, many such factors. The only factor I don't consider is whether or not the camera is on.

Some think courage can be measured in miles per hour but good motorcyclists know that courage is measured by having the wisdom to admit you are not the fastest or most talented person on two wheels and there's no honor in proving it.

The howl of a Hayabusa engine is like a siren's song and it can lure you into danger. To pilot the beast you must ride with your brain, not your testicles.

I hear you on the "feel" for the limits on a particular day! I too have days where I feel the odds for trouble are high, and try to keep it low profile - other days I feel I can push it as hard as I am capable and then some more, the Busa and the environment will contribute to a safe experience.

I was just giving you a hard time... nice ride on a perfect day. The constant turns and narrow lane keeps your mind alert and calculating all the time, so the fall asleep comment was just a tease!

I must admit, though, that it would be true if one is on a 6 lane road with no cars to be seen and have to keep it under 120 mph!

This looks like south eastern nc. Where i grew up, nere the south carolina border. I love back home,,,can ride for aong time without seeing a house or another car.

Back