GoPro Underwater

piratediverjefff

Registered
Took my GoPro to work today to show a client the bottom of his boat needed cleaning,don't really want to fool with it as it's an 80' long steel POS but money's money.:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
May not be glamorous but I think you have one of the coolest jobs. Don't have anyone bugging you while you work sounds great to me.

I want to be just like you when I grow up.:thumbsup:

:laugh: Have to admit it's pretty peaceful out there,came across a good sized octopus the other day and was givin' him the business 'til he got tired of my crap and inked me a couple of times.:laugh:

Hole leeeee Sheeee It! that's is one hell of a job !!!!! In my experience the Richies never want to pay, but OMG that's crap ton of gravity deprived scraping!!!!!!!
no wonder your old ass is so damn big and strong!!!! LOL

Can I go to work with you one day?

I'm still hangin' pretty stout for an old geezer,and I'd rather go to work with you bro.:laugh:

When it cools down we're gonna have to go out and disturb some peace.:thumbsup:

The fact we both own Busa's would have us finding every reason to not work and wear out rear tires!! hahahahaha!

By hand,and it probably looks worse than it actually is.Biggest hassle is that it's on a mooring so you have to catch it around a slack tide or you're fighting the current(and at 62 I don't have a lot of fight left :laugh:).

Does that stuff come from the boat sitting around too long and not being used except for a party boat?

Boat looked OK on the top side - very few probably look underneath it, right?
I wonder how many think out of sight out of mind and don't clean the underside.
Until someone like you shows them. :poke: and you say - Hey buddy you got a problem...........

Right Red,they'll spend a fortune on the topside(weekly washdowns,detailing,etc.)but skimp on the bottom.I know of a 64' that gets a weekly topside washdown($125 per week)but whines when he pays $100 per month to get the bottom cleaned(cheap bastids).Should have the bottom painted every 18-24 months(average life of the anti-fouling additives)but some will wait 4-5 years which makes it twice as hard on us underwater peons.Not a very glamorous job but keeps beans on the table and gas in the bike,and I never sweat while at work.:laugh:

Right Red,they'll spend a fortune on the topside(weekly washdowns,detailing,etc.)but skimp on the bottom.I know of a 64' that gets a weekly topside washdown($125 per week)but whines when he pays $100 per month to get the bottom cleaned(cheap bastids).Should have the bottom painted every 18-24 months(average life of the anti-fouling additives)but some will wait 4-5 years which makes it twice as hard on us underwater peons.Not a very glamorous job but keeps beans on the table and gas in the bike,and I never sweat while at work.:laugh:

Typical Newport Beach "well to do's" they just don't get it! BTW I call BS on you're an old man because I know for a fact you strong as an Ox!!!!! Just saying LOL

Back