Gopro mount

badnblack

Registered
So I don't like two sided tape on my bike. What do you do for a gopro mount??? I made my own. What do you think? If there is interest, I am thinking about becoming a vender on here and selling them. Might do another for the front fender. Any other ideas? Throw them at me

null_zps6f448566.jpg

null_zpsf38c2df1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice but I've found mounting it there is too far back. Even leaning into it just a bit touches the camera.
I use the suction cup as far forward on tank as I can. This allows me to still get a full tuck.
The 3m pads work great and if you need to remove them a hair dryer helps. Warming them up softens the glue and they come right off.

I like the Techmount steering stem mount. This is with a 3" extension included which I find completely unnecessary.

tchmtstemwxt.jpg
The only thing negative I can say is that it got stuck in my ZX-14s steering stem when I pushed it down all the way. Also sprayed with silicone but I think that actually made the orings swell. Only way to get it out is remove the front fender and wheel and tap a dowel with hammer from below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great workmanship! That mount looks great, but I agree with some of the othe comments about being too far back on the tank, and on my bike with a smoked screen, it wouldn't work well.

I think Jones' suggestion of mounting to the mirror is a good one. Could you make a plate that is 1/4" thick that would fit between the mirror and its mounting location, with an extension forward of the mirror to which the GoPro could be mounted? Something I would definitely buy (well assuming it didn't cost more than the camera).

--Sky

Back