GoPro KnowItAlls please help me!!!

HellFire

Registered
I am fully aware of the GoPro thread but noone looks in there anymore and i have a burning issue at hand...Here goes the current scenario

Today i used my GP for the 1st time eva...Took a quick vid...Sample it and worked fine in QuickTime...Tried to upload it to iMovie and it won't recognize it...Ok so i converted with StreamClip...The same...WTF is going on?...My files are R2 (720p with 30fps)...Is it my memory card?...What could cause this mind numbing issue?

Re: GoPro KnowItAlls please welp me!!!

gopro saves as a .mov file.(if i remember correctly)..you need to convert it to work in other applications...

i use format factory...its a free program and works for me...you can get it at pcfreetime.com

i convert to .avi file to use ...if the other programs i have to burn to dvd doesnt recognize the files..

hope this helps you...

If its the HD version you are recording in mp4 format. Anything other than windows 7 will not support it. Convert it to a wmv or avi file and then you can edit with WMM. I used avisforyou.com, its free.

If its the HD version you are recording in mp4 format. Anything other than windows 7 will not support it. Convert it to a wmv or avi file and then you can edit with WMM. I used avisforyou.com, its free.

What? I have Vista and I can play my HD movies with SplashPro.

Sure you can play them, but can you edit them? My bad rainbow, I just re-read my post, to clarify, you can play the HD movies just fine but will have to convert them to another format to edit.

My bad rainbow, I just re-read my post, to clarify, you can play the HD movies just fine but will have to convert them to another format to edit.

Oh, OK. I have some editing software but IDK how to use it. My next laptop will be a Mac, so I can use Final Cut Pro.

Oh, OK. I have some editing software but IDK how to use it. My next laptop will be a Mac, so I can use Final Cut Pro.

I really want one of those too. The macs are awesome. I have yet to try to edit video with this windows 7 machine.

I really want one of those too. The macs are awesome. I have yet to try to edit video with this windows 7 machine.

If you are going to change to Windows 7 for editing movies, you might as well get the Mac. MicroSoft decided its better to build the codecs into the apps instead of the OS now. You need to change from Movie Maker 2.x to Move Maker Live which is a very very dumbed down version of Mmovie Maker..

If you are going to change to Windows 7 for editing movies, you might as well get the Mac. MicroSoft decided its better to build the codecs into the apps instead of the OS now. You need to change from Movie Maker 2.x to Move Maker Live which is a very very dumbed down version of Mmovie Maker..

Ok, I am uploading a track file elm now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is another one of those threads where my head hurts after reading it cuz um :stoopid:
I turn it on , record and then select and trim only the clips I want to keep.
Save them to my Pc and play with Quiktime pro. This saves space on hard drive since Im not saving 2gb files but only like 50mb files. I wish I knew how to edit because I've seen some cool videos from Busawhipped with music and video shots inside video looking forward and backward same time. Really nice and makes for better entertainment.
And yes I still check and read the GoPro thread.

Ok, just finished editing the video I took at Hallett last weekend. This version of WMM is a little different, tools are in different spots and I dont like the way the trim feature works. But it edit high def mp4 and I am saving it now. Will upload to youtube and post it when its ready.

Back