Gopro HERO 3, wow

Recently, Walmart had the Hero 1 for $120 and a few weeks ago, almost all online vendors had the Hero 2 on sale for $250..to clear out inventory for the arrival of the Hero 3.
P.S. Got a used Hero 2 for $200 (with LCD & battery backpacks, batteries, 32gb card & mounts). So lots of deals should be had for used GoPro 2s :thumbsup:

Recently, Walmart had the Hero 1 for $120 and a few weeks ago, almost all online vendors had the Hero 2 on sale for $250..to clear out inventory for the arrival of the Hero 3.
P.S. Got a used Hero 2 for $200 (with LCD & battery backpacks, batteries, 32gb card & mounts). So lots of deals should be had for used GoPro 2s :thumbsup:

Thats what I did. I picked up 4 individual HERO Nakeds with accesory packs all for under $500.

crazy how the technology changes. I was walking through MIA airport the other day and they had the Hero2's for sale for $299. Couldnt help but hear this sales guy really working this couple over hard core to buy some for their kids for the vacation they were taking. You could just tell the lady was all for it but the husband was on the fence....and that fence pole was starting to loosen :laugh: So after I was done with my snack at the food place right beside them, I walked over and asked the sales guy one simple question but in a loud enough tone as to be heard. That question was "So the Hero 3 was just released and is the same price as this at the JFK airport, are you making any deals on this out dated model?"

One of those "could have heard a pin drop" moments as the sales guy had no response. I actually ran into the couple in the Admirals club a few mins later and they thanked me for pointing out that a new one was out and providing them an easy escape. Seems the sales guy had been beating up on them for almost 45mins before I walked over and had them buying like 3k worth of, as it turns out, out dated over priced crap :laugh:

I personally think the Hero is a cool unit but there's been soooo many additions to the space since it was originally released it makes the decision to pull the trigger on a new unit harder. They are still seemingly the standard for a lot of motorsport filming but I just can't justify it these days. If anyone gets one, I'd love to hear some real life reviews :beerchug:

as much as I want to buy a GoPro cause of all the kool accessories I just cant get past the thought of this big camera on my helmet or tank. I know its not that big and actually smaller now but I see myself buying the Contour instead. the contour just looks cooler to??? I like how u can stream it right to ur iphone or any smart phone

as much as I want to buy a GoPro cause of all the kool accessories I just cant get past the thought of this big camera on my helmet or tank. I know its not that big and actually smaller now but I see myself buying the Contour instead. the contour just looks cooler to??? I like how u can stream it right to ur iphone or any smart phone

Watch how the next GoPro does that same thing :laugh: They are just waiting to get all the pre sales of the 3 and then when it launches sell a bunch of them. Hit them GoPro 4 in 1 or 2 years :rofl:

Some of the new capture rates put very high dollar cams to shame though.
If you are more of the slo mo scene watcher than the 720/120fps is awesome.
And the other 1440/48! Wow. Talk about super smooth super clear super hd!

Back