Gopro hero 3 white or drift hd720

I'm using the Drift HD (not the 720) This is a 1080p version. The main reason is that I just can't get over the non-aerodynamic shape of the GoPro. The video on the Drift HD is comparable to the GoPro 3 Silver edition for the most part. The Drift HD has an LCD screen to line up the shots and for reviewing footage and it also comes with a remote.

You can see some of the Drift HD footage that I shot here in this short video:

I really enjoyed the video; thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to go against the grain here.

I bought the Sony HDR-AS15.

It has some stuff the GoPro can't compete on, including image stabilization and 3 hour battery life. Oh, and it's on sale this week - $50 off. $218 for the wifi version.

Don't believe me? See for yourself:

There are some drawbacks. The camera doesn't generate a picture as good as the GP3 Black, but it's close enough that the positives outweighed it. The video is over-saturated (mostly sky), but you can correct that when video editing.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with my unit. Here's a quick clip I made the first day I got it... it's too bad yt butchers video and can't support 60 fps.

If ya google it, read the reviews and already have a GoPro or something else, you will sell it to someone else who didn't read the reviews on the ReplayXD 1080 and you then will buy one yourself....

I am not putting GoPros or any other camera down but i am happy with my Replay XD 1080 and it is much smaller and aero dynamic than most any other..... IMO its really a no brainer...

P.S.... The only thing that sucks about the Replay is battery life only about 90 minutes on a fully charged battery but you can buy an adopter for $70 bucks and plug it into 12v supply and have unlimited battery life....

I am not sure what the battery life is on other cameras...

3 hours on the sony I mentioned above. Plus the sony is smaller and lighter than the replay.

After checking out that sony, it does look like a good little camera, either way, i would get either one of those cameras rather than a bulky , non-aerodynamic GoPro and they are all pretty much within the same price range...

Decide by tomorrow, as the $50 discount ends on the 3rd.

"Instantly Save $50 on This Action Video Camera: Now through August 3, 2013, or while supplies last, save $50 instantly on this Sony action video camera. Current Amazon.com price includes instant savings. No additional discount will be applied."

I made a video yesterday as a test.. mounted the AS15 on the tank mount. The 170 field of view is wide enough to see what my hands are doing on the handlebars. Video came out really nicely. Hope the weather tomorrow lets me make a quick clip that I can post.

Back