Gopro/Actioncam external microphone test: Edutige ETM-006

hansejo

Registered
Hope this thread is in the right place here..... :please:

Hi guys,

so my dad and I have a Gopro 3+ black edition, with which we have always been very satisfied, but the sound quality has always been an issue.

Either you have a lot of wind noise on your record or you mainly hear the chain running when mounted at the lower rear end......

So now I browsed a little bit on the internet and finally bought an "Edutige ETM-006". Good thing about this microphone is, that it is very well made and already comes with 1m of cable, so it is easy to attach it to a different spot than the camera. unfortunately you also need a skeleton housing for the gopro and an adapter cable to run it, but these are typical gopro accessories issues (trust its the same for other action cams).
In addition to that I also bought a small fur windshield in order to minimize the wind noise as much as possible:

Mikro1_zps082dcff9.jpg

As the weather was improving last saturday I took the chance and made a few test runs with the new microphone.

First I attached it with some cable to the grid of the tank-side-pods to capture the induction sound (which is just awesome after the cold air intake mod for info klick here) and after that I placed it between the exhaust cans.

Mikro2_zpsa94fbd97.jpg

Both places worked great, but in the future I will also try out some other places to improve it further.

Here is a little test video I made:

In the end I can say, that I am prity happy with the microphone and you get a lot for the price (microphone only: 50€) so in the future a lot of new videos will follow with nice B-King Sound :)))

If you have any questions just contact me.

Very nice! If you were trying to get the perfect sound, you would probably need to mix the exhaust and induction sounds together. But that sounds great.

Thanks, next time I want to try to place the mic somewhere in the middle of the bike to capture everything, so let's see :thumbsup:

There was a member aboyt a month ago that put it under his seat and there was very little wind noise. You could here the exhaust great but I dont remember if I heard any induction noise at all.

I tried it under the seat and wasn't bad except for when shifting(pretty "clunky"),have since mounted it behind the right heel guard and so far like it the best.

Back