gopher hunting with the busa.

jch364

Registered
My 06 seems to have a headlight issue. seems like the high beam is pointing way low. like its gopher hunting. its no higher than the low beam is. it isnt shaking about so i dont think its loose but its clearly pointing down too far. Can you adjust this back ? anyone know. ?

If there's no damage to the assembly the high and low are adjusted separately.

Yes you can adjust the high and low separately. On Gen 1's you can adjust up and down and left and right. The up and down adjustment's are on the right side. The left side adjusters are for left and right.

I've been dealing with the high beam slightly left for 2 years since I replaced the housing and never looked for the adjuster for left and right.... Lol.

Anyone got any pictures of the adjusters?

The screws circled in red is for up and down adjustments, the ones in yellow are for left and right adjustments. High and low on Gen 1's are adjusted separately. Bolt head size is 10 mm.

aerg.jpg

FYI...Both high and low beam can be adjusted by reaching up from underneath by removing the cowl body cover. But it is easier to adjust the low beam by taking out the gauge assembly.

Thanks for the picture - worth a thousand words. :laugh:

I guess the question now is how do they get out of adjustment?
The OP has a 06 and just started seeing a problem now! Unless he just started riding at night recently. :laugh:

Thanks for the picture - worth a thousand words. :laugh:

I guess the question now is how do they get out of adjustment?
The OP has a 06 and just started seeing a problem now! Unless he just started riding at night recently. :laugh:

lol. actually i finally got tired enough to do something about it.

Back