Goodbye Pontiac....

Uhhh... Pontiac was NEVER more than run of the mill Badge engineering..

Firebird=Chevy Camaro
GranPrix=Chevy MonteCarlo
GTO=Holden (Aussie) Monaro
G8=Holden Commodore
80-90s Lemans=Opel Kaddett/Vauxhall Astra/Daewoo garbage

Good riddance

Up until the later 70's Pontiacs had a completely different engine than Chevy, as did Olds and Buick. The only thing they shared was was the tranny, and Firebirds and Camaros had different suspensions until 1970, while the A/G chassis (Grand Prix, GTO and Monte Carlo were completely different until 1976. The corporate GM 305/350 started in 76-78 depending on which chassis you're talking about.

Wow, no Fiero hate! I'm impressed guys! Impressed enough to admit that red GT is mine. :p
No hate here :) I've worked for GM for 40+ years, started at a Pontiac dealership in Westwood, CA. I've driven my share of Fieros, yours looks like a nice example :beerchug:

I was behind a Fiero on the freeway once and watched it begin fisftailing until the driver lost it altogether and after a 180, slammed into the guardrail. Rear engine bias too heavy?

I was behind a Fiero on the freeway once and watched it begin fisftailing until the driver lost it altogether and after a 180, slammed into the guardrail. Rear engine bias too heavy?

Like any car that's not front weight-biased, the Fiero takes actual driver skill to play near the limit. Sounds like that person's enthusiasm outweighed his/her skill... or road conditions stacked the deck against them.

Back