Goodbye Dish TV

Every time it rained or there was bad weather I lost the signal :moon:

I had that at the beginning, but it was only because I thought I was smart enough to install the dish myself. Please tell me you had DirecTV install it. After they corrected my screw-ups, I had no more problems. Ever.

We had Dish. Bought an HD set and needed to upgrade the service to HD. Called Dish, they said it would be a couple hundred bucks to upgrade. Told them if we went to Direct it was free installation. Switched to Direct, called back and cancled Dish. Next day Dish calls and offers free installation.

Remember when TV was free? You didn't have all the channels you have now. But you can only watch one at a time. OK, watch one and record another if you have Tivo. or a DVR. Its amazing what you get use to paying for.

I have been with Direct TV approx 12 yrs, any problems I have had they fixed without a problem and to my satisfaction. I think their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

I have been with Direct TV approx 12 yrs, any problems I have had they fixed without a problem and to my satisfaction. I think their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

+10000000000000, I've had them for 10 years and havent the problems that most speak of.

I had DIRECTV for 6 years. My first problem with DTV was their install. The guy pops out a drill with a 3-ft bit and <bam> instant hole about 6 inches from the wall right through my hardwood floors... I didn't have time to scream WTF! Some creative furniture moving and it covered up.

I kept them around because I despise few companies more than Comcast, my only other real option. When I decided to upgrade to HD the price was just too much. They wanted to charge all kinds of fees. Fortunately we ended up buying a new house a couple months later. I switched to AT&T U-verse and consolidated my internet and TV. I also got rid of the home phone #. I now pay for internet & TV with more features less than I paid for DSL & DTV.

I have HD on every TV, I can watch anything I've recorded on any TV in the house and I now have Showtime/TMC/Starz. All that and I'm still saving money over DTV.

I'm still upset at DTV cause when I moved there's that stinking hole. No way to cover it up when showing the house to potential renters.

All Cable and satellite providers are the same. At some point they will sux and it will be time to switch. I am just glad there are alternatives.

I hear the same thing happened to Yankee fans in New York. GO TEXAS!!!!!

I had that at the beginning, but it was only because I thought I was smart enough to install the dish myself. Please tell me you had DirecTV install it. After they corrected my screw-ups, I had no more problems. Ever.

They did the install, and the installer told me the same thing as the sales guy. The signal being lost because of bad weather was a myth, there is 99% successful connection service or some bs like that. They came back 3 times when I complained about the constant signal loss in bad weather. 3 rd time I told we were done. They even kept calling me back and trying to get me to bundle it in, I put a stop to that quick fast and in a hurry. Told them if anyone from their sales dept dialed my phone number again I would remove the land line and the 2 cell phones as well if that s what it takes to never hear the words "Direct TV" again. :laugh: Haven't received a thing from them again :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back