Goodbye AT&T..

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
you will no longer rape me...

Anyone looking for a decent deal on a used 3g Iphone let me know as it is now FOR SALE !
I'm gettin' Boosted.

No I got the wife workin the hand crank generator !
Things are tough all over...
Just cant afford 4-600 a month for phones anymore...!

400-600 "dollars?" Holy crap. How do you spend that much with anyone?

FTI, when you say Boosted. do you mean Boost mobile? Aren't they prepay, and isn't that more expensive by the minute?

Boost is $50/month unlimited talk/text/web

I spend $160 month with Sprint (taxes and everything) for the wife and I and that includes unlimited cell calls (to ANY provider, not just Sprint/Nextel), 1500 anytime minutes for land line calls, nights/Weekends 7p-7a and unlimited text/pic & video messaging and web. So yeah....how is 4-600/month possible? You have like 4 lines or something??

VB I travel , text and call Intl.
Cant afford to do it anymore.
But anyway.
Even if i did not make a sinlge intl call or text between me and the wife with 2 iphones and the daughter having just a cell the lowest bill I have even gotten from them is 250.

Yes Boost mobile.
No its not pay by the min.
Its 60 bucks a month unlimited with 10 bucks extra for intl ability.
They have a new 'blackberry' I am gonna go look at.
Of course you have to buy the phone as well as pay for each intl min and text but the charges billwise will be drammatically diff.
I Pay more in taxes to At&t every month than 60 bucks.

Been a customer for 25yrs back when it was cingular and before that.
They have just gotten too big for their britches.
I'm tired of them BIGTIME !

Sprint and AT&T have messed me over in the past and i will avoid them if at all possible. We had Suncom which combined with someone and then with Verizon. So far Verizon has been pretty good. They don't always have the top of the line phones like the Iphone, but they do have the droid now and my ENvTouch i really like. Be warned though....apparently all "Smart Phones" now require the $10 media service monthly. I got on before that stuff started though. They say they require it now b/c people would surf the web without any plan then get upset when their bill was $100 higher from all the surfing they did.

It would take an error of epic proportions to screw up by business with Verizon. I love their coverage.

CORP_Verizon_Wireless_Guy_lg.jpg

Be careful of the coverage, and that call drop thing. Sounds too cheap to me.

They run off the Sprint/Nextel network - Boost was previously run by Nextel before the big merger. I was an independent dealer for Nextel for several years before the merger, Boost was very good then for the credit impaired who still wanted the Nextel walkie-talkie but couldn't afford the huge deposits. $50/month for an unlimited plan ($60 for the Blackberry) is darn good, especially since they don't have another $15/month in taxes added onto it like everyone else. If Sprint/Nextel works for him in FL, Boost should be no problem at all.

we went this morn to look at phones.
My # is also my biz #.
Neither Metro PCS or Boost had adequate intl text/call capability.

I dropped the wife and cancelled her Iphone.
We got her a metro PCS Samsung.
Again another friend she has who owns the store gave her a 'returned' phone simply opened but still new no charge and signed her up for 50 bucks a month unlimited calls and texts.
She can also text Cuba for free ?
Strange.

I kept my phone active.
shes 2/3 of the use as well as another 20 bucks for data plan.
hopefully this will bring it down to under 150-200 a month which is still more than it should be but easier on us.

Her phone was orig Iphone I waited in line for so I dont think it would interest you ?

T-Mobile is the best value going.

I have 3 phones, unlimited texting all for about 120.00. Verizon has a little better coverage in the boonies but at a higher price.

Iphone is like a drug.
I'm hooked.
Too many things it can do others cant.

I saw a new Samsung with full HTML browser but only on Metro.Web ?
Not true windows internet.
Hard to find a phone that displays and acts like Iphone for less monthly fees from another carrier.

I simply still would like an easy way to 'unlock' my Iphone so i can take it to another carrier and keep same # and phone but pay Verizon or Sprint or somebody.

Why cant I put my Ihone on a Metro or Boost plan ?
Have Iphone and pay them 50 bucks a month ?
Hmmm..???

does 50 a month cover the data plan too for the iphone.

my wife and i run blackberry on verizon. i travel all over the us and work in remote areas i love my verizon coverage.
i like my cingular/att coverage before. had them for 6years, then i had a crap refurb nokia att gave me break, then tried to renew. i got told it costs more for them to keep me than to lose me. i lol'd. called the wifes phone every night in free time and left them connected till the morning till contract was out, and got verizon. been about 3 years now, and not a real complaint.

im getting the droid when i upgrade i think that might be the closest thing to the iphone.

the bb storm 2 is pretty sweet too.

data plan now from att for new iphone 3gs is 30 bucks.
Wifes was 20 +200 mssgs. It was old iphone so I was able to keep orig data plan.

50 bucks a month from metro covers all even the tax !
What I want to do is find an easy way to unlock my iphone from att and take it metro.
This way I could pay metro the 50 and still use iphone?
Maybe ?

Sprint and AT&T have messed me over in the past and i will avoid them if at all possible. We had Suncom which combined with someone and then with Verizon. So far Verizon has been pretty good. They don't always have the top of the line phones like the Iphone, but they do have the droid now and my ENvTouch i really like. Be warned though....apparently all "Smart Phones" now require the $10 media service monthly. I got on before that stuff started though. They say they require it now b/c people would surf the web without any plan then get upset when their bill was $100 higher from all the surfing they did.

I have verizon for ten yrs and luv it i do like the smartphones but im not payin 30 dollars extra every month to have one

Iphone is like a drug.
I'm hooked.
Too many things it can do others cant.

I saw a new Samsung with full HTML browser but only on Metro.Web ?
Not true windows internet.
Hard to find a phone that displays and acts like Iphone for less monthly fees from another carrier.

I simply still would like an easy way to 'unlock' my Iphone so i can take it to another carrier and keep same # and phone but pay Verizon or Sprint or somebody.

Why cant I put my Ihone on a Metro or Boost plan ?
Have Iphone and pay them 50 bucks a month ?
Hmmm..???

It boils down to the signal the phones operate one. Verizon is CDMA, Sprint is PCS, AT&T is GSM. You can't take a CDMA phone and make it work on GSM and vice-versa. It's like talking different languages....French and Chinese do not equal Chench. :laugh: Now say you wanted to use an AT&T phone on the T-Mobile network, once unlocked you'd have no problems. Insert SIM card and go.

I'm on verizon and love them I'm also out of cntract and refuse to upgrade just in case I need to save a little cash later. Looks like I'll be buying my next phone at full price or close to it. But I do love verizon.

Back