Good Undertail Walkthrough

The undertail looks sweet1
smile.gif
I don't want to ruin it by putting my plate back up there?
I saw this on Ebay & thought it would be cool, but friend told me he got ticket last year for not having a license plate light?

Busa_Tag_Chainguard.JPG

The undertail looks sweet1
smile.gif
I don't want to ruin it by putting my plate back up there?
I saw this on Ebay & thought it would be cool, but friend told me he got ticket last year for not having a license plate light?
Yea, different States have different laws. In Oklahoma the Officer must be able to READ the lis. plate without problems (he decides what that is) and it must be lit. Along with (if you ride with the brights on in the day) you must dim your lights within 200 feet of another car - that both ways - coming at you and a vehicle in front of you ! Lots of people are getting stopped here for the Day light High Beam thing !!

everything looks good but I just bought an '06 Limited and am wondering how this will affect the bikes value if ever decide to sell.

Side photo, not the best but what I have right now, make sure you put the angle on the lic plate, I didn't the first time and went over a bump with my boy on the back, and lets just say I had to go the DMV and get a new one.

tailsection_side_photo.jpg

And yes that is Mt. Saint Helens in the background, Some great roads up in this area if you get a chance and like the twisty stuff.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137144901 -->

Did anyone answer the question about where to find the LED brake and turn signals for the top gun undertail? I have been looking for replacement LED's for mine for some time but all the one's I'm finding are to big, they won't fit under the light housing. Thanks

Did anyone answer the question about where to find the LED brake and turn signals for the top gun undertail?  I have been looking for replacement LED's for mine for some time but all the one's I'm finding are to big, they won't fit under the light housing.  Thanks
Have answered this a few times before. The best (and most expensive) ones that I have found are from Libertek. Don't know of any other place that makes them unless you can find a set of Icemann's LEDs.

Hi Dave, This is where I got mine, I am really happy with it. I thought it was a really simple install. Use a regular hand saw(short) or plastic pipe saw to cut the fender, take your time and it will come out great.

busatail3.JPG

Back