Good thing my wife's car is under warranty

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
My wife has a 2005 Saturn Ion and Thursday she called me to say that her gauges weren't working, no milage, no fuel, no mph, no tach Nothing. The weird part is that when she turned the ignition off the cluster stayed lit up - blank but lit. Anyway being that it's still under warranty we dropped it to the Saturn dealership Friday morning and they didn't have the part in stock. Whenever that happens they give you a rental on them. Anyway long story short the car is fixed today and had it been out of warranty it would have cost us $1500! The entire cluster shorted. Our warranty is 3/36 so needless to say I'll be unloading it before we get there.

Doah.. first bad thing I have heard about a Saturn..

bad press!!!!

lurk.gif

(monster @ Dec. 18 2006,07:flamethrowing:) My wife has a 2005 Saturn Ion and Thursday she called me to say that her gauges weren't working, no milage, no fuel, no mph, no tach Nothing.  The weird part is that when she turned the ignition off the cluster stayed lit up - blank but lit.  Anyway being that it's still under warranty we dropped it to the Saturn dealership Friday morning and they didn't have the part in stock.  Whenever that happens they give you a rental on them.  Anyway long story short the car is fixed today and had it been out of warranty it would have cost us $1500!  The entire cluster shorted.  Our warranty is 3/36 so needless to say I'll be unloading it before we get there.
even the old guage style clusters will cost close to a grand with labor and such..

i bet when you "unload it" before the warranty is over you lose alot more than $1,500

customers don't make sense sometimes.

dealership, and manufacturer did everything right regarding fixing it and your still complaining.

it amazes me.

(pure_ego @ Dec. 18 2006,16:40)
(monster @ Dec. 18 2006,07
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) My wife has a 2005 Saturn Ion and Thursday she called me to say that her gauges weren't working, no milage, no fuel, no mph, no tach Nothing.  The weird part is that when she turned the ignition off the cluster stayed lit up - blank but lit.  Anyway being that it's still under warranty we dropped it to the Saturn dealership Friday morning and they didn't have the part in stock.  Whenever that happens they give you a rental on them.  Anyway long story short the car is fixed today and had it been out of warranty it would have cost us $1500!  The entire cluster shorted.  Our warranty is 3/36 so needless to say I'll be unloading it before we get there.
even the old guage style clusters will cost close to a grand with labor and such..

i bet when you "unload it" before the warranty is over you lose alot more than $1,500

customers don't make sense sometimes.

dealership, and manufacturer did everything right regarding fixing it and your still complaining.

it amazes me.
dude, this is not a complaint. AT ALL. Hell they gave us a Pontiac G6 for the weekend for free. I was simply stating that I am thankful for the warranty because I saved $1500. How did what I wrote sound like a complaint?
rock.gif

And how many dealership give you a loaner for free ?

I sell 2 or 3 exchange clusters a week on different GM vehicles, with the Buick Raineer and 02-04 GMC Yukons being the most common. It's sad how much trouble GM and Saturn are having with their clusters, but the customer service remains excellent.

great story, where is the pic of the g6
laugh.gif

Anytime you have digital parts there will be problems.

Back