good set of smoked/blacked out lenses?

myfirstbusa

Registered
I'm in the market for smoked/blacked out turn signals and tail light for my k9. After hearing the horror stories about Clear Alternatives, I probably won't order from them. So, other than them, what are the top brands? I have found some that I like, but I don't know what their quality/fit is like. Thanks guys

I'm in the market for smoked/blacked out turn signals and tail light for my k9. After hearing the horror stories about Clear Alternatives, I probably won't order from them. So, other than them, what are the top brands? I have found some that I like, but I don't know what their quality/fit is like. Thanks guys

Clear Alternatives were awful, but they now have new owners and are called Moto Lume. They are very good to deal with.

sorry it took so long for me to respond to your pm, but here is the stuff i used to tint my signals a while back Pactra Polycarbonate RC Spray 3oz Window Tint. I since then ended up going the clear alternatives tinted signal route and am very happy with them, they don't fit 100% perfect but i stilll think they look great, wish they were a shade darker. The spray tint works great, but is also pretty easy to wipe off which can be good or bad i guess. I messed up tinting my rc windows on a truck body, and found out denatured alcohol will wipe this stuff right off, so u would have to be a little careful with what u use to clean the lenses if u use this tint, i imagine windex would take it off too. The only good thing about this is, if u don't like the look or screw up spraying them u can just wipe it right off, and the spray is cheap. Unlike vht tint, if u don't do it right the first time you're hosed!! The pactra tint is very easy to apply, just heat the can in a few inches of hot water so it sprays nice and evenly, and make quick steady strokes

Thanks for the reply Hemi. I just checked out Moto Lume's website. I do like the look of their front and rear smoked signals.. but I'd also like my tail light to be smoked. Any idea where I can grab one of those? They don't offer one. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply Hemi. I just checked out Moto Lume's website. I do like the look of their front and rear smoked signals.. but I'd also like my tail light to be smoked. Any idea where I can grab one of those? They don't offer one. Thanks.

I got a smoked one like Hemi has. $40 new on ebay, works perfect and never had a problem with it. It's as bright as stock too.

SDC10922.jpg

SDC10926.jpg

Ok Hemi and sixpack... what are ur tails called? I do like the way they look
Posted via Mobile Device

Here ya go
LED Turn/Tail Light f. Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 08-09 SMOKE | eBay

You don't have to hook up the integrated turn signals in it either, it works with or without them. All of these tail lights have them in them too. You can see the 2 vertical rows of leds on each side of my tail light in the above picture, my tail light is on and they are not. You could wire them into the brake and tail light if you wanted as well. I think they look fine unhooked, and you'de never really notice if you didn't know they were there.

Back