Good Roads In Georgia?

BBMykey

Donating Member
Registered
i'm moving from eastbay cali to flowery branch Georgia today...any recommendations for good roads?...also how is the police situation...I have 2 points on my license already

Roads are horribly maintained. Lucky if you dont hit a lazyboy in the road and one of the harshest states on traffic laws and such

Roads are horribly maintained. Lucky if you dont hit a lazyboy in the road and one of the harshest states on traffic laws and such

Nothing like tying to scare the guy or make him think he made a bad decision.

However he will have to give up Lane Splitting. :banghead:

Its just Ive lived all over the country and in other countries for that matter. GA blows. If you have any chance to reconsider your move I personally recomend that you do

i'm moving from eastbay cali to flowery branch Georgia today...any recommendations for good roads?...also how is the police situation...I have 2 points on my license already

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/173/Georgia/Georgias-Dragon---The-Suches-Loop.html

Probably one of the better rides in the N. GA mountains. Living in GA you'll have to take a weekend and hit Deal's Gap http://tailofthedragon.com/maps/tail-of-the-dragon/ and definitely attend the spring Busa Bash if they have one this year.

financially motivated...tied to someone who is selling in California to buy in Georgia...have loved eastbay California roads for the last 8 years...but this is a matter of my survival...retired and living on social security

thanks a lot this looks like what i'm looking for...much more optimistic info than the other response

Sorry to de-motivate you, its the concences from my family amd the military folks like me that have been around. Just trying to warn you that GA sucks. It is what it is. Sorry if its not the "opinion" or "comment" thats gonna make GA a good place to live. Ive lived in Cali, outside of Stockton, jersey, PA, OK, ect. Im telling you, there is not one good thing I can say about GA and we cant wait to leave to go back to OK if that sais anything.

Shoot me your address and I'll send you this book. I bought it when I lived in Flowery Branch about 10 years ago.
20160224_221009 (Medium).jpg

I'm about 20 miles north of Flowery Branch, and really like riding in this area. I'm surprised at the negative posts. I moved up here from Tampa Bay, where I quit riding after 2 smashups with cars. Bought a bike soon after I came here, 28 years ago, been riding ever since, no accidents, no tickets. (knockin on wood) You couldn't drag me back to Florida. The roads I ride are quite good, you can ride into North Carolina and Tennessee, and be home before dark. The State Troopers are wicked bad, but the Atlanta sport bike crowd fuels that. The local LEO's are a coin toss, but I've been let go with only a verbal warning for 95 in a 45. Flowery Branch PD have a bad rep, so behave there. I think you will like it, hit me up when you want to ride.

Check out Ga. Hwy. 60, Blue Ridge down towards Suches that general area is good riding. Ignore the negative rant, if you don't ride stupid you won't have a problem.

Love the N Ga mountains. Great rides in the area. Suches, Blood mountain, and close to the Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap area.

Back