Good Performance engine shop in North east U.S or Eastern canada

trevor

Registered
After a great summer of riding and racing I am now left with a busa needing head work! I lost compression on #4 cyl. Can anyone reccommend a good high performance engine builder in the North east U.S or Canada east of Quebec? I an considering driving down to Carpenter in New Jersey but if there was someone comparable ,closer, I would consider them.

Thanks.
P.S On a positive note, I did manage a 9.95 E.T two runs before it broke! I was wanting to get in the 9's this year.

:1zhelp:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I only deal with Bob Carpenter when it comes to head work. I'm not trying to take anything away from other shops. Bob is my go-to guy.

I only deal with Bob Carpenter when it comes to head work. I'm not trying to take anything away from other shops. Bob is my go-to guy.

POWERHOUSE does deal directly with Bob for CNC heads, at the customer's request. We would still do all the motor work and dyno tuning, and because the head and cam combinations are Bob's, we get the same numbers on the dyno that Bob promises . . .:laugh: We also do in house hand porting . . .

does Powerhouse do much non'turbo work?

POWERHOUSE has been building turbos since 1978, it is our specialty. We do a lot of non-turboed bikes as well - built motors, nitrous, race prep, and fabrication. The majority of bikes we dyno-tune every year are non-turbos.
So in answer to your question, yes. Nobody does everything, so just let us know what you need, and we will let you know yes or no and how much.

I have an 05 busa and I need to get the head/ valves repaired. I had it at the drag strip a few weeks ago and lost compression in #4 cly after a run. It still ran but on three cly. Compression test showed no compression on that cly. It didn't even move the needle on the guage. I want to get that fixed and thought I might aswell get the head ported and polished at the same time. I figure probaly new cams while I'm at it. Since my motor is about to roll 50 000 kms I thought pistons rods and 1397 kit would freshen it up too. I plan to have it taken apart once , have it checked over and fix it right. I think if I have to fix the valve and possilby the valve seat I should go with all motor build. Fix head plus turbo might cost me more. And I do like the drag strip so I don't think a stage 1 kit is probably for me.(from what I understand)

I live in Nova Scotia Canada so this will be a long trip down for me so I don't want to have to make the trip more than once.

anyone else got any suggestions? so far carpenters and powerhouse.......thats all we got? Good choices, just lookin for more options. Im likin the carpenter 4400 kit!!

got bike fixed local. they did a great job. not carpenter but .....
It ended up it wasnt really blown up; had a cracked piston. new pistons and now its back out. Works way better than it did before it broke. gonna ride it next year and keep doing suspension and chassis work . should be able to get more speed out of it w this motor. Thanks for the sugestions though.

Trevor, I also do some racing with my '01 'busa and do most of the work myself. I currently live in Fredericton, NB but i'm moving to Halifax in the spring. Maybe we can get together and compare notes sometime?

Trevor, I also do some racing with my '01 'busa and do most of the work myself. I currently live in Fredericton, NB but i'm moving to Halifax in the spring. Maybe we can get together and compare notes sometime?

DAG NAB IT!! Just when I find out that there's someone LOCAL that I can ride with, you move away?? :banghead:

Oh well... I guess Hali is only 4 hours away, if you guys want to get together sometime over the summer months??:thumbsup::beerchug::laugh:!!

Dave lind

Norseman Tuning
1271 Old Sackville Road
Middle Sackville Nova Scotia
B4E3A6 Canada
902-865-4954

They say he's good.

cheers
ken

DAG NAB IT!! Just when I find out that there's someone LOCAL that I can ride with, you move away?? :banghead:

Oh well... I guess Hali is only 4 hours away, if you guys want to get together sometime over the summer months??:thumbsup::beerchug::laugh:!!

For sure! There are about 13 of us that do the week night/weekend thing. My bike is still in Freddy Beach and will be till June/July. I'll shoot you a PM when it gets a bit warmer!

Back