Good info on helmets for newbies

ICEMANN

Registered
If your looking for a good helmet but wonder if the lesser expensives one's are "AS SAFE", then here is a website that covers the testing/ceritifications of helmets. M2000 is the highest certification level to date. SO if your helmet of choice is listed tis a good thing. If it aint.... hmmmmm.

Also for anyone looking for a good price, www.helmetharbor.com has some great closeout prices.

FOOR FOR THOUGHT.

If your looking for a good helmet but wonder if the lesser expensives one's are "AS SAFE", then here is a website that covers the testing/ceritifications of helmets. M2000 is the highest certification level to date. SO if your helmet of choice is listed tis a good thing. If it aint.... hmmmmm.

Also for anyone looking for a good price, www.helmetharbor.com has some great closeout prices.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Helmet testing

It is always good to be able to see that your helmet has been properly tested and certified for safety. Mine has saved my azz before.

That is a pretty cool site, thanks for the link
biggrin.gif

with all the snell approved helmets why would someone buy one that not approved ..... Ok stupid question I forgot about all the Harley riders in the chessy novelty helmets at Bike Week.

maybe someone has an old helmet and it doesn't have any indication of its rating and wants to find out what it is.

I found 3 old helmets I had lying around that were on that site... already rated at 90 or earlier
mad.gif

guess its time for me to get a new one.

Another fine point to think about is proper fit. I always see guys buying helmets that are too big because they don't like the way that the helmet fits against their face. The helmet is supposed to fit snug, if not it is allowed to move around and possibly come off in an accident just my .02. Make sure it fits properly before you buy.

Oh I forgot something. I have always replaced my helmets every year to a year and a half and sooner if I have a spill. They reccommend that you send in your helmet if you ever drop it for inspection and recert testing. This is a small price to pay fro safety.
I know I am anal retentive about my helmets, you should see my helmet room.LOL. I don't have a trophy room I have a helmet room. About 15 of them right now alot of them left over from Flat Track Racing ATV's. Back then I would get a new helmet every 6 mos or two new ones for the racing season.

Back