Good cheap chain and sprocket kit.

I'm no stunner by any stretch of the imagination. But the busa cannot twelve o clock and I'd be willing to bet the weight and wheelbase would prove a lot of low speed stunts to be very hard if not impossible for a lot of people. How many twelve oclock stoppies could the forks take?I remember reading a lot of the stunt articles when it became big, people wanted the new bikes for weight reasons If all we had were the heavy steel frame big engine oil cooled bikes of yesterday the stunt game wouldn't be where it is today.

Im sure in the most capable hands you can do a lot of things possibly all the same, but there's now way the guys that make a living doing stunt shows are going to use a bigger bike for any reason other than a gimmick. Look at motor cross two strokes are a thing of the past. People still do tricks with them though because that slight weight advantage will allow them to do some things they otherwise could not. I realize its aerial vs ground but same thing applies IMHO. Working harder doesn't make you better when the guy next to you is doing the exact same thing with less effort. Had an old guy tell me a long time ago when I used to lift heavy **** all the time. Gotta be stupid to be tough lol

Who says the Busa can't 12 o'clock? I can't get it perfectly vertical, or at least keep it there, but it can be done.
You'de also lose your bet that the Busa's weight and wheelbase makes low speed stunts very hard or impossible. Very hard? Nope. Impossible?:rofl: Nope. A little different? Sure.
How many 12 o'clock stoppies could the forks take? Who knows, but most every stuntbike breaks at some point.
As for MX, I did a couple seasons of 250B, so I can talk a little on that too.
Can I do a backflip? Nope. Would I rather do one on a lighter bike? Yep. I could do a superman, nac nac, and a decent whip. So I can say that a lighter bike is easier. Can a 450 do a backflip? Yep, no problem.
Trying to relate ariel dirtbike stunts to ground stunts on a streetbike is apples to oranges, and the weight arguement is completely different.
As I've said, sure you feel the weight of a heavier bike. But, show me a good stunt rider that can't do the same tricks on any bike. A bike is a bike, and I'm not saying you can knee drag a Harley with floorboards either. Bikes have limits based on their application, but stunting any of them is easily possible.
Sure the newer lighter bikes are easier to stunt than old heavy air cooled bikes. But, you can do the same things on them too.
The whole point of this thread was the OP stating he was wheelieing(maybe stunting)a beater Busa he already had.
The question "why?" was later posed. Of course, he had it already. So why not?
Stunting a heavy bike isn't doing something hard to prove a point. It's just stunting a heavier bike as opposed to a lighter bike. Because that's what you have to ride, and because you enjoy doing it period.
I also respectfully say that if you cannot wheelie, stunt, ride mx, do mx tricks, ect.; then your opinions based upon what you've read aren't the same as the opinions of those who are actually capable of doing them.:beerchug:

sixpack,
In case your avatar is not proof enough, may be a few more pics (or videos) of your old Busa "at play" will help :please: (for those who may NOT have seen em before and do not know you :whistle: )

The tail subframe is too long to 12oclock it. The bikes to heavy for the forks to repeatedly take that. Not the long rolling stoppies but the slow ass way up in the air stalls and 180s. I'm not a self proclaimed expert but I owned a 600 at 17 so I have had my share of stupidity. I've never tried to lift the tail of my busa for more than a few reasons one is broken bones cost too much when I'm out of work lol.

I'm not saying he couldn't have fun with the bike, but to say you stunt what you got is kinda like someone asking what something worth and then every smart ass says what someone will pay. If someone can do a full demo on a big bike ill admit I'm wrong. Until then it's all what ifs.

Have a good one brother. No disrespect meant. Just regular thread jacking. Sorry op, back on with the chain sprocket questions

sixpack,
In case your avatar is not proof enough, may be a few more pics (or videos) of your old Busa "at play" will help :please: (for those who may NOT have seen em before and do not know you :whistle: )

Thanks, but I don't want to show any more re-runs:laugh:
I'll be getting some video on the B-King once I fix it and it warms up.

Pashnit thx brother exactly what i am looking for. Up north north snowboarding till the weekend. Sixpack your the man! Thx for the +3 idea going to do that. And your right busas are what i know and love. Too me it handles like a 600. Just got to know how to ride. On mobile till the weekend keep the thread going awesome convo!

sorry about derailing the thread btw; was glad for the healthy discussion, but it probably didnt help answer your question all that much.

Id like to see, I have only seen one.......Got any links?

There's only the one video here, and a couple pics from 2 different rides. Nothing impressive.
The "Busa does wheelie" video was random, my friend's wife decided to take some video of us practicing.
She then put it on Youtube, and it was later put on here just to show that a stock Busa can ride wheelies just the same as any bike.
The rest of the videos of my friends and I are scattered throughout different cell phones and even go back to vhs.
A couple videos have shown up over the years that it takes me watching it for a while before I realize it's me:laugh:
All I do anymore is a few wheelies, seat standers, some skitchin/skiing, and the occasional decent stoppie.
At 35 with a 2 year old daughter, I'm not quite the risk taker I used to be.
I'll get some video on the B-King and one of my friends on his gsxr1000(who is awesome)in a few months.:beerchug:

Sorry to break in on this topic, but I want to +3 on my 04 rear sprocket when I replace my chain and trying to find out if I can use a gen2 rear sprocket. I've tried searching but not having any luck. Must be how I'm wording my searches.:banghead:

I have a mint 43 for a gen 1, only has test ride on it.

Sorry to break in on this topic, but I want to +3 on my 04 rear sprocket when I replace my chain and trying to find out if I can use a gen2 rear sprocket. I've tried searching but not having any luck. Must be how I'm wording my searches.:banghead:

I would not slack on chain. Honestly youget what you pay for. I went with a EK 530 150 link chain when I stretched mine. Higher tensile strength and new JT sprox. I upped from stock of 17/40 on my 06 to just 17/42 steel sprox. of course my extension is 8 inches too.. Some chains like VOLAR suck. These you see all day long on EBAY. DID was abit more than my pocket book could handle so opted with the EK. Have a friend whom had a cheap chain on his stretched gsxr give out while on a dyno.. imagine the outcome. Expensive lesson. just my opinion tho here.. good luck.

Yes i took everyones advice went with a complete super sprox kit 16/43 should be a fun combo lol thanks for all the help! In the end piece of mind out weighed price by far. 300 shipped for the kit from pashnit!

Dont skimp on the chain and sprockets, thats like skimping on the breaks of the turbo bike. Look in the sponser section and contact Tim @ Pashnit and Justin @ Honda East...Both of them will sell you quality kits for dam near the price of the cheep knock off sets from Ebay.

Here's your answer

Not so.
The main reason you don't see Busas at stunt shows is the same excuse that they can't corner either, or wheelie to begin with(we know that's no true too).
A lighter track bike is of course beneficial because you are trying to move as fast and as quickly as possible.
However, the average stunts/stunt show typically aren't about speed, so it's not a fair comparison.
You would be suprised how a heavy bike wheelies and manuvers on one wheel compared to a lighter bike.
Sure you feel the weight, but it's more forgiving too. As in, you can flick a light bike to the ground with ease. A heavy bike is a little slower to move around, and takes a little more umph to get it to do what you want...at least at low speed, where it is more noticeable when balancing side to side.
Under certain circumstances and stunts it's just easier to manuver a lighter bike(no matter what you're doing with it).
But, when speed isn't a factor, and extra weight is considered to be harder to manuver...then it takes that much more strength and skill to accomplish the same.
Stunting is about skill, right? So step it up. You see guys stunting Harleys don't you? I can tell you that they aren't any harder to wheelie, other than being heavy and usually underpowered.
Just because the majority of stunters chose to take the easiest route doesn't mean it's the best...just that it's considered easier.
Big sprocketed stunt caged 600's are fun, but stock sprocketed bikes, or cruisers accomplishing the same is much more impressive looking, even if it's not much harder, other than controlling speed.
I wheelied and stunted a Busa because it was what I was riding at the time, and only because that's what I enjoy doing, never to impress anyone. But, you'de be amazed at so many peoples' reactions to it. I might as well had been flying.
Complete amazement and disbelife, because a Busa can't do that. Yeah right.
As I said, any bike is a stunt bike. The best stuntbike out there is the one the rider prefers to ride.
What I can do on one bike I can do on any bike.:beerchug:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Well still waiting on the kit... Going on over 2 weeks now... Don't order from them if you need it quick! Missed one race already... Called to find out whats up, nice guys but not much info.

Best of luck.

Well they finally showed up! Almost a month later... I think it was the factory's fault from what I understand. Called about 10 times for updates and one of them was that the factory had completely lost the order. Will post back with results of install and testing.

Back