Good Chain Websites... Need a new Chain? Cleaning?

tsubaki 530 10,800 tensil.

Been good to me. I kinda like it, just wish it was gold

I am looking for the "installed" width on the rivet style master link.. (how much crimp to put on the pin) I have blown rivet style master links in the past and do not want to do it now
smile.gif
Not sure the motion pro crimper will do that, but I want to go riding monday and if I screw this up, I am SOL.... thanks in advance
smile.gif

Oh yea... EK530ZZZ chain

smile.gif

I am looking for the "installed" width on the rivet style master link.. (how much crimp to put on the pin) I have blown rivet style master links in the past and do not want to do it now
smile.gif
Not sure the motion pro crimper will do that, but I want to go riding monday and if I screw this up, I am SOL.... thanks in advance
smile.gif

Oh yea... EK530ZZZ chain
Looking for the width of the "flare" of the staked rivet, yes?

If so... for the RK chain, this is 5.55mm-5.95mm.

smile.gif

Thanks for the reply WC..

Was not sure if they were going to measure the "width" of the rivet or the "length" of the rivet for install specs. RK measures the diameter of the rivet, wonder if EK is going to do the same?

The K8 Service Manual provides both specs, interestingly enough.

On page 3A-9 of the Service manual, the specification range for what they term as "Joint plate dimensions" (which are the outside edges of the side plates, once pressed into place) is 22.25 - 22.55mm

Page 3A-10 has the spec and picture of the master link staked pin "flare" of 5.55 - 5.95mm.

Dunno if it's a critical issue, but this is for the stock RK "GB50GSVZ4" chain that is OEM for the K8.

Not sure how much I like this chain so far.... the first 400 miles, I had to adjust the chain twice. Prolly just normal break-in stretching. Maybe.

When I dismounted the BT-015 at 500 miles and mounted the PPs and adjusted the chain, it seems to be holding it's adjustment just fine. I'm at about 1200 miles now, adjustment seems to be holding steady at ~ 25mm, so....
dunno.gif

I got about 13K out of the OE chain and it developed a kink and was riding up in the sprockets (gives a sensation of an engine surge, quite un-nerving)

I went with the best thing I could get in the EK line which is the EK 530ZZZ chain. They do not have posted on their site the rivet swedge or pin length posted for the master links on their site but emailed them to see if I could get it.. Likely not a big deal as long as the pins are mashed out by the tool. But I did have a previous master link pin crack and break during the staking process and it was either due to brittle material or I just got carried away..

since then I just compress the rivet to spec and forget about it

I have 800 miles on my bike and it seems to me that the chain needs to be adjusted. On the top part where the chain is, theres this little 'rail' thats part of the swing arm where the chain rests on with the bike off and on the stands. Seems like that was made specifically for the chain but wasn't sure if it was supposed to sit on it like that.

In the manual, it says it should have .8 - 1.2in of slack but how do I measure that? With the chain rested, push it all the way up and check? Or do I push it up and down and check the total movement from that?

I have 800 miles on my bike and it seems to me that the chain needs to be adjusted. On the top part where the chain is, theres this little 'rail' thats part of the swing arm where the chain rests on with the bike off and on the stands. Seems like that was made specifically for the chain but wasn't sure if it was supposed to sit on it like that.

In the manual, it says it should have .8 - 1.2in of slack but how do I measure that? With the chain rested, push it all the way up and check? Or do I push it up and down and check the total movement from that?
I just push mine up and down and look for about an inch of total travel.

Well, it's time for a new chain and sprocket for the 99.....

Any consensus on what most people are riding?

What's the hype about going up to a 43 tooth sprocket?

Is it standard to change out the front and rear sprocket at the same time?

Loking for brand/item and price recomendations here.....

Well, it's time for a new chain and sprocket for the 99.....

Any consensus on what most people are riding?

What's the hype about going up to a 43 tooth sprocket?

Is it standard to change out the front and rear sprocket at the same time?

Loking for brand/item and price recomendations here.....

I need a new chain and also thinking about going with 43 rear. Eagerly awaiting wise responses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nearing 10K on my 07 and also looking for suggestions on just going with a chain like the 530zzz or both sprockets and chain.

BTW havent had any issues with the stock yet so can I get more miles out of it? The sprockets look great still!

The chain cleaning link shows the guy using a hair drier to warm up the chain. I use a heat gun and warm the chain as i rotate it. This also gives me the time to inspect chain for anything out of line. I live on a dusty road, so warming by riding is a no no. Anyway, the hair drier thing works Great!

P I have changed for you I have quite a few take your pick ask me more about them if you like.Once again and all thread LMAO wonder if you got a chain :-)

What is the best/strongest chain for the Busa and how much does it cost? Do I really need to change the front or rear sprocket if getting new chain with only 4500 miles on her? Everything looks great except for the amount of chain stretch I have had. Do you have to get a different chain if you switch to a 43 rear sprocket? Where is the best palce to get both a new chain and sprocket? Brand/size/everything? TIA View attachment 523496

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101281193 -->
To get a good cost of on anything you buy go to the same aftermarket store that you will go to in your area. Get to know all the staff members and become friends with them. Eventually becoming friends with the product manager and even the shop owner. can at some point down the road he will be giving you 10 15% off your items that's all I can just suggest but that's for a person that's going to stay in the game for a while..

Back