Gonna pic up an 03 anything to watch for

gsxr996

Registered
found a really good deal on an 03 busa with 13000miles in pretty good shape.anything to worry about on that model year?just got back from a test drive and eveything seems good.got it for the rest of the weekend.buying it for the wife,before anyone says its too much bike her last bike was an 02 gixxer1000 and she drives my zx14.getting it for $3800.up here in canada 03s are still going for $7000,so it seems like a good deal to me, and its from a dealer.

Wow, it seems to good to be true, specialy from a dealer. Make sure u check it out real good. Good luck!!!

'03 was a good year,bought mine new and still have it.:thumbsup:

IMG_0225.jpg

just got back from a 300 mile ride,and she likes so we're buying it for sure.i drove it for 80 miles and while it works good it's no zx14 sorry,wont be getting smoked anytime soon.will post some pics soon.you guys know anyways to get the headlight to work better,the 14s work like airplane lights the busa cant hardly see anything.

Last edited:
heres some pics of todays ride.was suprised how well the wife kept up on our twisty and very bumpy back roads once she got use to the bike.
DSC03563.jpg
DSC03564.jpg
DSC03565.jpg
DSC03566.jpg
DSC03567.jpg
DSC03568.jpg
DSC03571.jpg
DSC03572.jpg
DSC03576.jpg
DSC03575.jpg

thanks guys and gals.couple of minor things wrong with it.fork seal,but what suzuki doesnt have forks seal problem.the cush drive in the back wheel is either wore out or somebody forgot to put one of the rubbers back in,there'is about 3/4 inch play in it.minor scratches.but for the price i cant go wrong.oh the dealer is gonna supply the parts,i just have to change them.

Last edited:
Dang I wish I can find a Busa for that price. If anyone knows where I can get a Busa for that price please let me know, thank you, will greatly appreciate it.

Great buy, it looks like you guys are enjoying it already. But it comes with a good and a bad for you. The bad the busa will always be in front of the that zx 14, the good will be your view. Be safe!

the only way the busa will be in front is if i ride it and let the wife ride the 14,sorry just had to.i know this is a busa forum but there no way a STOCK gen1 is gonna beat a 14 especially with the flies out and -1 in the front. now a gen11 that could a differant story.

Back