Gonna be in Topeka on business

pward76

Donating Member
Registered
I'm driving to Topeka Sunday evening, going to be in town Mon / Tues / leaving Wed night. Coming from Des Moines through KC.

Any must stop bike shops? I remember hearing about a really good tuner down that way, might like to stop in and make an appointment for some dyno time.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

free bump for pward
beerchug.gif

i believe there is one just past KC of off I35 in olathe but im not %100

sorry, that didnt help at all
all_coholic.gif

Smithers Customs 513 Kansas City Road Olathe Kansas 19720 Phone # 913-768-8667 & ask for Steve or Patty- Owners, They are pretty busy right now so you might want to call first and see about an appointment.

There are two shops - both in Olathe, KS - with Dynos: Smithers Customs and Olathe Suzuki.

Smithers is the Busa Tuner. I was just at his place today. Smithers is definitely the shop to checkout!

PS - Make sure you make some time for us KC folks! GSXcite, KanjiBusa, Ninja Killer, myself. If you can't spend much time in Olathe/KC, let us know, perhaps we can meet in Lawrence - it's about 1/2 way to Topeka.

Would have you stop here in omaha at some of our shops but sounds like your heading south before you head east so have to catch ya next time, maybe on the way back? Gonna be racing at Mid America Motorplex in Glenwood,Ia just off I-29 exit 35 on Friday night with the busa's if your interested. First race of the year finally!!!!

(omslaw @ Mar. 24 2007,21:52) There are two shops - both in Olathe, KS - with Dynos: Smithers Customs and Olathe Suzuki.

Smithers is the Busa Tuner. I was just at his place today. Smithers is definitely the shop to checkout!

PS - Make sure you make some time for us KC folks! GSXcite, KanjiBusa, Ninja Killer, myself. If you can't spend much time in Olathe/KC, let us know, perhaps we can meet in Lawrence - it's about 1/2 way to Topeka.
Thanks, I will call Smithers.

I will be driving down tonight (taking the truck - unfortunately), and will be back though Wednesday evening. I'm just wanting to make contact with the shop so they might remember me when I call to make an appointment. I'm thinking we might get some Iowa riders to come down there for a day or two this summer and I could get the tuning done then.

Maybe we can get together for dinner (some of that good KC Bar-B-Que) or something?

(hayabusa99b/w @ Mar. 24 2007,22
zzwhip.gif
) Would have you stop here in omaha at some of our shops but sounds like your heading south before you head east so have to catch ya next time, maybe on the way back? Gonna be racing at Mid America Motorplex in Glenwood,Ia just off I-29 exit 35 on Friday night with the busa's if your interested. First race of the year finally!!!!
I'm hoping to get out to MAM this summer as well. Maybe come over for a track day.....

Yes, Smithers is a must. What great people. Doyle and I are planning on taking a trip down this year to get a tune. Hell, If there are 4-5 of us, we should get Steve to block of a day for us and make it a trip!

(GSXTacy @ Mar. 25 2007,09:39) Yes, Smithers is a must. What great people. Doyle and I are planning on taking a trip down this year to get a tune. Hell, If there are 4-5 of us, we should get Steve to block of a day for us and make it a trip!
That's a great idea. It would be fun to watch a bunch of bikes on the dyno.

Pat, give me a call while your down here and we will get together for sure. I'll PM you my phone #. Wed night is bike night in Overland Park at a club called Fuel. Steve Smithers and his wife are almost always there. It would be a good chance to get some dinner and get to know them. omslaw, and kanjibusa would meet us there. If not get with me and we will meet for dinner or something. Talk to you later, Hal

Back