Goldwing has an airbag?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Saw a newer one last night and right in front of seat it had a plastic cover that said airbag on it?
How's that work? Aren't you gonna fly off bike if you hit something? What's the airbag supposed to do?

Hey brother. Most people who ride Goldwings are not of the size needed to launch over the windscreen in a front impact so they launch through it and get hurt badly. The original airbag on the Goldwing was designed to get the rider OVER the windscreen in case of a front impact. Or so I was told by a short japanese engineer with Honda clothing working the Honda Tent at Daytona International Speedway during Daytona Bike week about 6 or 7 years ago.

That story he told me may not be correct but it makes more sense than any other I have heard.

I think it is designed in case of frontal crash

Here's a video

[video=youtube_share;hIJmhZ2GccA]http://youtu.be/hIJmhZ2GccA[/video]

Airbags came out in 2010. And it's proven tech that works..

Remember that flying through the air isn't what kills you its the hard surface that stops you that gets you.

Don't have a bike big enough for an airbag get an air-jacket :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that the government here in the US hasn't tried to mandate seat belts on them to supplement the air bags.:whistle:

We sell several Goldwings equipped with airbags. Bet CaP would have liked one on the busa when he t-boned that truck .

Saw a newer one last night and right in front of seat it had a plastic cover that said airbag on it?
How's that work? Aren't you gonna fly off bike if you hit something? What's the airbag supposed to do?

I have seen lots of air bags on goldwings, what's the big deal? :laugh:

Back