Gold wheels anyone?

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have any pictures of Gold wheels on their Busa? Im looking for the stock wheels powdercoated gold/bronze...

Thinking of powdercoating mine, and tried to put my bike in photoshop to color the wheels gold, but Im lame & cant work photoshop worth a darn. If anyone could photoshop my wheels, fairing bolts gold, would be much appreciated.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134150385 -->

Great minds think alike, I guess. I also have an '05 LE and wondered what gold wheels would look like. After all, the fork tubes, calipers and chain are all gold already!

Long story short...

I just got my wheels (& some other parts) back from the powdercoaters. I toyed with the idea of gold or even red, but in the end, went with a more bold and unusual color. The coaters call it "illusion orange". It's metallic gold with transparent orange sprayed over. Kind of a metallic amber.

The bike isn't back together yet, so you'll have to wait for pics. Another week or so...
cool.gif

Raw titanium or Magnesium color is incredible for wheels alone. Now put it up against the 05 LE color and you have a pure exotic racebike look. I say go for it. I wish I could powdercoat my marvics that color.

I saw an 06 LE at dealer today on lift. It was getting a Turbo. At any rate it had some gold rims on it and it looked.... well, I'm not sure. I'm not even sure on the color so what do I know? The pearl white does look better in person though.
Absolutely no information whatsoever in this post, but it still counts!!!
biggrin.gif

Great minds think alike, I guess. I also have an '05 LE and wondered what gold wheels would look like. After all, the fork tubes, calipers and chain are all gold already!

Long story short...

I just got my wheels (& some other parts) back from the powdercoaters. I toyed with the idea of gold or even red, but in the end, went with a more bold and unusual color. The coaters call it "illusion orange". It's metallic gold with transparent orange sprayed over. Kind of a metallic amber.

The bike isn't back together yet, so you'll have to wait for pics. Another week or so...
cool.gif
Keep us updated on the wheels!!! Did you get the color idea from HOK or is it something the powdercoater did for ya?

Anyone have a pic of the raw Titanium or Magnesium? Havent seen it on wheels.

Now this next idea might sound silly, but I was watching Spike t.v (I think that was the channel), anyhow they were doing a truck project & for the wheels they decided aginst chroming and purchased some sorta new Wheel paint. I guess the stuff is pretty robust, and is resistant to gas, oil, cleaning chemicals...If I remember correctly I think this stuff was made by Dupli-color...anyone use this new spray paint for wheels?

I really want to keep costs down for this project, but at the same time want the finished project to turn out lookiing nice & be durable.

It really doesn't matter what color wheels you go with, to me the 05 LE has the best looking color scheme of all busas.

I tried to find pics of BigE's bike. I think he's runnin' Marvics like mine and he had them p.coated gold. There are some backround pics on the link below.

Tell me what you think of these and if you want them darker or lighter in color let me know I will try to do my best.

Valium_gretchen1a.jpg

Looks good, I was looking for a darker color, like the gold upper fork tubes on the busa...but I'm starting to get the idea...I really appreciate your time...Great Work

bowdown.gif

Looks Great....Yup, that about perfect...Man, ho do you do that stuff....don't tell me, I will be on the pc for days pulling my hair out (wait I dont have any)! Really gives me a base on how I want to do things. I owe ya one. Thanks again
biggrin.gif

Thank you again....Much appreciated!

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134190564 -->

Looks Great....Yup, that about perfect...Man, ho do you do that stuff....don't tell me, I will be on the pc for days pulling my hair out (wait I dont have any)! Really gives me a base on how I want to do things. I owe ya one. Thanks again
biggrin.gif

Thank you again....Much appreciated!
Anytime you need anything photoshoped just let me know, and I will try my best to get it done for you.

If you really want to know how I did it I can explain it to you and then you can try it out on your own. Just let me know if you want to know.

Back