Going to try and organize a little 'Hood Watch

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
7 break-ins last week in our underground "secured" parking alone.Lots of other "issues" as well. This 'hood is getting worse.With the addition (re-location) of hundreds of homeless/crack-head/heroin addicted/alcoholic "folks" from the downtown core to our little piece of paradise is showing already. All of the hotels/motels once occupied by tourists have been taken over by De' Gubb'ment in their infinite wisdom. Plans for a Methadone clinic and safe injection site are in the works.As well as sober living houses etc.
Once these "people" start "Jones'in" for their next fix,nothing is safe.They are breaking into vehicles for the change in the console.So far they have stolen 2 key fob's which activate the gate on the secured parking.(dumb move to keep the fob in your car and not on your key ring like I do) so now they have easy access 24/7. They are rigging building doors to appear locked and safe,but now open easily.Management has camera's installed and fixes locks as they are notified,bit it's a losing battle.A female was spit on recently with the "un-sub" yelling at her "You now have the corona virus" how pleasant. Police were called who did not show up citing they are short-handed.If you have issues and are hungry and feel forced to steal a loaf of bread from a grocery store,I guess that's one thing,smashing someone's window in to aquire 75 cents towards your next fix,well thats another. BTW,nobody in this city goes without food,clothing,counselling,job training,medical,dental,medicine & shelter.There are plenty of crime free alternatives to keeping fairly well. (my tax dollar hard at work). So,I am a pinch bothered by this little dilemma and have decided to act accordingly.I went for a "walk" last night,to get some "fresh air" ;) and see what the new residents of the area were up to.Much to my disappointment there were no people around with ulterior motives.1-2 AM...nothing. 3-4 AM...same.The law of averages will eventually come into play I'm sure.The women and older folks off this 'hood should not have to live in fear.I've talked with a few neighbours who are like minded and are willing to "get involved."
Here's my thinking: These new "folk's" to the area are somewhat lazy.If there is crack available in block 1 of the avenue,and a crime-for-little-profit available on block 2...why would they bother walking to block 3? So,as word travels amongst these players that there might be other avenues for them with a chance of incurring less free dental work,perhaps plastic surgery,a free cast, they might consider those options and move on. Now,is it going to be better for society as a whole...NO. I can't save the world.Can I take out the trash around here...for sure I can.If the good folk around would like to participate,that would be cool.If not,I don't mind. I have lot's of "hobbies" this is my new one.Management I'm sure won't mind,they gave up on resident managers long ago. The police..uuhhh,who knows.My last interaction with the police when they attended my house years ago for the break in of my Nephews van went like this. Wife looked out the window,saw punks breaking into his van,called for us,we ran to the garage hoped on the first bike in line,tore off after them.No jackets,helmets or even shirts(summertime) hehehe. Caught said punks after a chase down sidewalks etc. Grabbed them.They resisted.We put the boots to them.Police arrived,looked at punks and asked what happened...? I said he "fell down." The cop asked "How many times?" I said..."A lot." Cop winked;) thru said punks into the Paddy Wagon never to be heard from again. "Justice" served.
Rubb.

"of hundreds of homeless/crack-head/heroin addicted/alcoholic "folks"

I don't know... I would look at this as an influx of EZ women in to my neighborhood.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

LOL

cheers
ken
Jesus Christ Ken...you sick bastid. :laugh:
I guess it was a mistake to not try and "get with" the chic I mentioned in THIS THREAD brother,should we not atleast to pretend to have some morals.:D
Yer a crazy Mo-Fo dude...I like you.:beerchug:
Rubb.

If you wanna play vigilante, take what you need to the street, but importantly, don’t do it alone, you need a posse to show these punks you mean business. Or.... go sniper style lol.
Important safety tip. OK,got it. Might still have to go "Rambo" here and there but,its all good.

Rubb.

You'll note that your neighbourhood on the Gorge is as far from Victoria proper as possible while still being within the CoV 's borders. Coincidence or #MasterPlan by #LisaHelpsHerself to move her problem to Saanich?

The whole situation is a sick joke on both the taxpayers and the motel owners. Who's going to pay to renovate the places when the ne'er-do-wells are done trashing them? I wouldn't want to be the housekeepers fishing through piles of used needles for minimum wage.

The best plan would have been to rent a cruiseship since they're sitting around unused right now and put them all on it in the harbour. Then sink it.

I'm no cold-blooded monster but this homeless-addict issue has been getting worse and worse and no amount of free drugs, clean injection sites or welfare is going to make it better. Why do we allow this to continue? Other provinces gifting their homeless one-way tickets to the west coast? Madness! Enabling drug addicts isn't the answer, getting them off the stuff is. Do we enable drunk drivers by giving them free cars and paving new roads for them to drive on while intoxicated? F no, so why do we do it with the drug addicts?

I feel for you, Rubb. I heard first-hand from a friend who lives near Topaz Park where the homeless-addict tent city was initially erected. He had to stay awake all night every night to chase scumbags out of his backyard. He raised the height of his fences and installed bars on the windows of his basement. He kept a baseball bat by the door to protect his wife and kids. No one should have to live like that. Especially not someone who works hard to provide for himself and his family while the people getting a free ride from the government wreak havoc with no repercussions. When Victoria City Council suggested that the police disregard petty crimes being committed by the homeless-addicts because they're a "vulnerable community under pressure", my head exploded. Any municipal government who supports crime needs to give their collective heads a shake, but it seems like most of the heads in power in Victoria are empty.

You'll note that your neighbourhood on the Gorge is as far from Victoria proper as possible while still being within the CoV 's borders. Coincidence or #MasterPlan by #LisaHelpsHerself to move her problem to Saanich?

The whole situation is a sick joke on both the taxpayers and the motel owners. Who's going to pay to renovate the places when the ne'er-do-wells are done trashing them? I wouldn't want to be the housekeepers fishing through piles of used needles for minimum wage.

The best plan would have been to rent a cruiseship since they're sitting around unused right now and put them all on it in the harbour. Then sink it.

I'm no cold-blooded monster but this homeless-addict issue has been getting worse and worse and no amount of free drugs, clean injection sites or welfare is going to make it better. Why do we allow this to continue? Other provinces gifting their homeless one-way tickets to the west coast? Madness! Enabling drug addicts isn't the answer, getting them off the stuff is. Do we enable drunk drivers by giving them free cars and paving new roads for them to drive on while intoxicated? F no, so why do we do it with the drug addicts?

I feel for you, Rubb. I heard first-hand from a friend who lives near Topaz Park where the homeless-addict tent city was initially erected. He had to stay awake all night every night to chase scumbags out of his backyard. He raised the height of his fences and installed bars on the windows of his basement. He kept a baseball bat by the door to protect his wife and kids. No one should have to live like that. Especially not someone who works hard to provide for himself and his family while the people getting a free ride from the government wreak havoc with no repercussions. When Victoria City Council suggested that the police disregard petty crimes being committed by the homeless-addicts because they're a "vulnerable community under pressure", my head exploded. Any municipal government who supports crime needs to give their collective heads a shake, but it seems like most of the heads in power in Victoria are empty.
....... :bowdown:
Rubb.

:bowdown::bowdown:

We just can't get away with that any more. To many "do-gooder's"
Been Done Before
Rubb.

Adopt a dog from the pound and you are a hero, get your next girlfriend from a women's shelter and you are a cad.

Damn double standards...

LOL

cheers
ken
Busa Ridin' Bastid from back east...I dont know. You may have missed your calling in life Bro. I would pay big money to watch your stand-up comedy routine. :laugh: :laugh::thumbsup:

Reactions: kml
We had a few break ins around here before a certain family moved out of the neighbourhood, we are in a semi upscale neighbourhood so these sorts of things are rare...for some reason nothing in my yard was touched although each of my neighbours around me had things missing....

I'm not shy about being a grumpy old fart who owns many guns...

We need to find you a new locale, Rubb. :eek:

Firearms, Drugs, And Weapons Seized After Vehicle Stop

Victoria, BC –VicPD Traffic officers seized three firearms, drugs, and numerous weapons after a vehicle stop yesterday morning.

At approximately 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 26th, Traffic officers stopped a suspicious vehicle occupied by two men and one woman in the 200-block of Gorge Road East. Upon further inspection the officers learned that the vehicle was not safe for the road due to critical vehicle defects.

Traffic officers conducted a safety search of the vehicle prior to it being towed. The officers located three firearms along with approximately 300 hydromorphone pills. In addition, the officers located a case which contained approximately a dozen knives, swords, improvised weapons, and dischargeable flares.

Yup...that's my 'hood. Just outside my door. Never a dull moment. :laugh:
Rubb.
I hope u got that turbo beast chained down good, I tell everyone around me I don't go across the bridge because I don't trust myself to not end up in jail in a foreign country. While I do have quick access to Canada it'd be a long ride to your side of it and I'd hate to have to make that ride to come hunt some crack heads down for messing with rubbs ride but is sure be up for it.

I hope u got that turbo beast chained down good, I tell everyone around me I don't go across the bridge because I don't trust myself to not end up in jail in a foreign country. While I do have quick access to Canada it'd be a long ride to your side of it and I'd hate to have to make that ride to come hunt some crack heads down for messing with rubbs ride but is sure be up for it.
:thumbsup: :bowdown: Wheels are locked...check. Fully insured...check. Baseball bat at the ready...check.
Thanks for caring.
Rubb.

Well not much fun to be had tonight.Have only encountered one "masked bandit" so far...but,the night is young. Cute little guy...crummy pics...I shall post him on another website later quoting "Alien Close Encounter"
No not an undocumented imigrant...a raccoon. I know,I know be carefull. I will. I know they carry lice and rabies,round worm etc...but the new girls in the da "Hood" deserve a chance too. Oh...you thought I meant the raccoons. :laugh: Just following the lead of kml.
Rubb.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.
I mean I'm a fairly easy going guy,but I have my limits.
A new neighbor next door....I HAVE FUGGIN' HAD IT.
Rubb.

Back