going to the dragon for the first time

the plumber

Registered
is it to late in the season to go down ? any suggestions on where to stay ......... or any valuable info on my trip ? i have a 7x16 foot trailer. thanks again . looking at the weekend of the 20th of sept

I would recommend you wait until the next weekend and stay at the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville, NC. That's when we have the Fall Busa Bash, so you'll be there at the same time as several other members. :thumbsup:

Careful with that trailer, any trailer I have met on the dragon has needed the entire road to make most turns. Good luck and the biggest thing to watch is other bikes!

I would recommend you wait until the next weekend and stay at the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville, NC. That's when we have the Fall Busa Bash, so you'll be there at the same time as several other members. :thumbsup:

Agree with Flicka, wait until the weekend of the 27th and come by The Phillips Motel in Robbinsville, there may be a Busa or 30 hanging out!

there are so many other great roads around there I would skip the dragon on a weekend---way too many people---

there are so many other great roads around there I would skip the dragon on a weekend---way too many people---
Tempting if you've been multiple times, but I don't think you'd pass if it was your first. The curves are so tight and close that it is still an experience at 30-40 mph. I agree that there are many fine roads in the area, though. Did OP say he was coming?

+1

Since I retired, I try to avoid riding at all on weekends. Between the bikers
that come out of the woodwork, and sightseeing locals, and tourists
who drive like they have never seen a curvy road before, I just stay home. Then on
Monday -Thursday, I do my riding.

Back