Going to Road America  :)

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to Road America to do some track riding for the first time in my life. I'll be meeting up with WWJD when I get up there, so there will be TWO '03 Silver/Gray Busa's running around the track.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm actually just hoping that I can get one of the Intro spots, since it says they're full. Not sure if I want to join NESBA right now due to some personal stuff going on. We'll see how it goes. If nothing else...I'll hang out and watch WWJD zip around the track and keep the cooler company.

Wish us luck so that we are able to keep the shiney side up
beerchug.gif

I'm sure we'll have pics to post when we get back.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

good luck, bro....you too, JD.

Make sure you have some kick-azz fun....and yes....pics would be very nice to drool over!
wink.gif

Thanks for the support people.
beerchug.gif

All I can say aboiut Road America is...

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Awesome ! ! !</span></span>

We had a blast. I can't post much from work, so I'll save the long post till tonight.

There's nothing like seeing two Busa's railing through the carousel (looong sweeper). Greg shot some video of our first few sessions, and he said he'll be working on those when he gets home. We also got some MotoVid DVD's. That's where the MotVid guy follows behind you for a whole 20 minute session on the track. They are awesome videos. Hopefully Greg can manage to edit some clips for the board.

I did get talked to by one of the Control Riders (coaches). He said that some of the more experienced racers were getting frustrated with Greg and I. He said that they were getting held up behind us in the turns, but then...
you'll like this
...when we come out of the corners, No-One could catch us to pass.
laugh.gif

I actually felt bad about it, and would have waved them by if I had known they were back there, but if they can't show me a front tire, then I have no way of knowing.

The Busa is the King of the main straight at Road America. Saw about 170+ when I was shutting it down for turn 1. Holy crap do those turns come up quick at those speeds.
tounge.gif

I've got to get back to work. I'll download a few pics tonight and post em up.
cool.gif

Congrats! Sounds like a blast...can't wait to see the pics!!

Hurry it up, will ya?!
cool.gif

Pics and topic has moved to General Bike Related section:

cool.gif

post some pics if you get any when you get back.

I've never had more fun on two wheels
cool.gif

Pics are in another thread. I put the link above in case you missed it.

biggrin.gif

Back