Going to Houston - Probably the end of next week

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I have been updating you guys since August on my mom. She has been in the hospital since Aug 22. She has given up. She has a blood clot that for various reasons they can not treat. She won't allow them to put an umbrella splint in to catch it if it break loose. She needs a colonoscopy to see why there is blood in her stool, she has refused that as well. She has signed a DNR that only allows them to try to resusitate her one time. She has also signed a form saying no feeding tubes or anything. The Dr. says that it is if the clot breaks loose, but when. I can't really say that I blame her for feeling the way she does. My parents have been married for 40 years and dad says that her mind is made up. He doesn't think it is going to change.

Not sure how I feel about this, just needed to vent to my other family. I will let you guys know when I head south.

Don

Damn Don I so sorry to hear this bro you have my number if you need anything or somebody to talk to.

Don, I am very sorry to hear about the change with your mother, If you ever need anything please feel free to contact me, I will be there for you ! My prayers are sent to you and your entire family!

Dad basically told me that if I wanted to see her while she could still speak, I needed to get down there. The clot is in her right femoral so when it goes, IF it makes it thru her heart, it will hit her brain and you guys know what that means.

Don

Oh my word, I am very sorry. If there is anything I can do, please let us know. Our prayers continue to be with your family.

My dad is trying really hard not to blame himself. He feels like he talked her into the surgery that started all this. He didn't. She made the decision to do it. He is 63 years old and a retired Master Chief Petty Officer so changing his mind can be a bit of a chore.

Don

My heart and prayers are with you and yours,lost my father-inlaw to a stroke after he also refused a feeding tube last March. Once his mind was made up,there was no changing it. He showed me a kind of strong that I could only hope God will give me when my time comes. God bless

I'm so sorry to hear this. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts.

Not to be rude or disrespectful. I hope I never find myself in that position. I want to go out doing 150mph+.

Don

Thoughts are with you Don.... hang in there and let me know if you need anything...

Not to be rude or disrespectful.  I hope I never find myself in that position.  I want to go out doing 150mph+.

Don
Not at all. I think everyone feels that way. I dont want to go out that way either. I do know that when my time is here, He will take me and that will be it. No matter what I am doing or where I am. I know my words do not mean much right now, but but I understand.

Whether she is still with us or not, I am dedicating the ride at the June Meet -n- Greet to her. She never has been very fond of my motorcycle addiction but she has always respected my choices. For those of you that pray, her name is Sherry Hardcastle every little bit helps.

Don

Sorry to hear this Don. Please let your mom and Dad know I'm thinking of them.

Will do Hal, thanks.  You are, I believe the only one on here that has had the opportunity to meet my parents.  Aunt Lynn is flying down tomorrow to see if she can get mom to change her mind.

Don

I am so sorry to hear this. I had high hopes that she would do well and get past the hard parts of this.

Still, she and you and your father are all in my thoughts and hopes. I'm hoping that she will recover after all and be just fine. If that is not to be, then I hope you and yours will be well.

Many hugs to all of you . . .

--Wag--

Back