Going to 16 tooth sprocket

busabrother

Registered
I have been to both sites. Can someone explain all this mumbo jumbo in plain english. Here is what I want to know..

1) Which is easier to install?
2. Which is more accurate?
3) Which is easier to manipulate?
4) With either one how do you know you are actually going that fast?
5) Which one would you buy or have bought?
6) Speedo is chepaer, but is that better?

TIA

I have the Yellow Box and I love it. It is easy to adjust. Installation was straightforward, but does require wire splicing.

I don't know much about the other brand.

Don't know anything about the speedohealer?
rock.gif
?

I bought the Yellow Box and love it. Easy to install and works great. I do wish the instructions were a little easier to understand but overall good quality. Installation was a piece of cake and took about 20-minutes. You could probably do it quicker but I am real picky and hid it under the seat for easy adjustments.

As far as checking it, I would just have someone ride beside you and check it with them. If not you can do the mile markers but that is kind of a pain.

I looked at both and went with the Speedo healer. At the time Speedo healer was pretty new and no one knew much about the company. I used the information on there web page and the instructions to complete the install. Very straight forward, took about 30 min for the install. I have a 16/42 setup and my speedometer was way off (duhh...) Made the calibrations using the directions then went and checked them with a GPS, they were right on the money...

Good luck...

I felt the speedohealer did everything the yellowbox did, but was cheaper, has a larger range of adjustment and using the webpage to set the unit was far easier than the yellowbox having said that both units are easy to install and are good value
1) both as easy to instal
2) both as accurate
3) with the aid of the Speedohealer webpage, it is easier to manipulate
4) if you have set either up correctly, you should be within 1 to 3 Kmh if not the exact speed (the Hayabusa speedo can be non linear at slower speeds!)
5) I bought the Speedohealer
6) my guess is, that quality wise,there is nothing in it

If you look on the lefthand side of the bike where the gear selector goes into the gearbox, three to four inches above that, you will see a plastic unit with a cable going to it and being held in place by a small allen head bolt, that is the speedo sensor.

Take the left side fairing off, refer to the picture and you will see where the "speedo sensor" cable connects into the main wiring harness.

if you lift the tank and undo a re-usable cable tie, you can work on the cable, off the bike

any questions, email me on ability2@nw.com.au
Brian

Back