Going from a Ninja 300 to a Hayabusa

Long story warning. I was in your situation. I went from an R3 to a Busa after riding the R3 for only 1 year. Then the R3 was stolen. So I bought my Dad's 2006 Busa for a stupid low price. I didnt even want it as I wanted a 600 to stay light weight. However price was crazy low so I bought it. I rode it a few times in a few days span and got comfortable enough. Third or fourth day I'm at a light and I'm making a left hand turn and in my mind from the R3 days gave the Busa to much throttle while mid turn trying to accelerate out of the turn fast as I was feeling good and the back tire slipped out from under me and then threw me in a tank slapper. I got thrown off the bikes right side and was sliding down the street watching my new (to me) bike sliding in front of me sparks and all. It was low speed maybe 20 or less so my injuries were very small. What I learned that day was I didn't know poop about power. Yeah I learned basics on my R3 shifting, braking, cornering, rev-matching my downshifts and looking through turns. But I never had any horsepower and torque behind any of my new skills. My little mistakes I made throughout my R3 riding days that I didn't even notice I was doing will be MAGNIFIED GREATLY on the Busa. I also learned the difference between TELLING myself to respect the power to actually respecting it. The Busa is a power monster compared to your 300cc. I have put 5000 miles on my Busa since November when I bought it. I absolutely love this bike but I don't good time around on it. I'm not trying to strike fear or any of that into you I'm just giving you my "300 to Busa" story. Just respect that power until you put a few thousand miles on it and you'll be comfortable.

Just always remember the busa is very unforgiving unlike a 300. You can wind out all gears on a 300 and only be doing 85mph wind out even 1st gear on the busa you'll almost be doing 100mph. It took me a while to get used to the busa after I went from the ninja 250. Respect is key not just the throttle but the weight too.

Hi notsure. You have pick one of the fastest bike. like they say be careful until you learn the bike. When I picked my 1999 I knew it was the best bike to add 600 + HP to. You can make the BUSA into the best bike in the world for YOU!
Question Please...Did you actually Add 600+ Hp. to the Stock Hp.?

I pretty much agree with all of the above but would like to add...
Don't forget how heavy this bike really is. While riding it doesnt feel so bad, but parking lot, u turns, and maneuvering around the garage it will feel like piloting a dead horse. If u have ever dropped ur 300 (at slow speeds or walking) u WILL drop this beast and may not be able to get out from underneath. Just be careful and always be cognizant of getting off balance...it will go down. Alllll the way- no recovery here. This will become very apparent on gravel too.
If ur the kind of guy that his devil on one should occasionally listens to the angle on the other, I say go for it. If, on the other hand, ur devil has already killed that pesky angle...well, I would walk away! Btw, this is the main reason I stayed off street bikes until I became much more mature into my 30s! Relatively speaking of course!
Good luck,
Troy

I went from yzf600r to a yurbo hayabusa. I putted around for awhile to learn the steering. When I did go full throttle I rolled into it. That's the best advice I can give power wise, just roll into it at first.

15000km you say .
So you can ride some .
A Busa rolls like every other motorcycle, just with a lot more power.
Go get your .
1st 50 miles you'll be soiling your shorts , after that you will develop a repoire with her , then it just becomes another bike to master .

Back