God I hate Yoshimura....

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok some of you may remember that I had a radius crack on the outer diameter on the R-77's a while back, and although Yoshi didn't give me a right side exhaust like I felt they should have, the sold me the end cap for the exhaust.".insert smart alecky thanks for nothing you suck smiley here"

So today, in this glorious frikin heat..I endeavor to repalce/swap the end caps on the exhaust...pop rivets drilled through..Check! tap out rivets so end cap slides off..Check..bit of a biatch to get the cap off but got it off..

So, now comes the fun....since the crack was now at about 90% radius the internal pipe that slides of the internal exhaust needs to come off, no problem, some penetrating oil, sit for a while and then twist...and twist...and twist, oh wait it's not twisting. Get the rubber mallet tap it out..and tap and tap, no movement. Get a REAl hammer and start tapping it to get it out...still no luck. I have beat on this thing for the last hour and NO movement..I know Im a bit of a boffoon but WTF..can someone give me ANY advice on how to get this damn thing off????
:banghead:

Is it still on the bike? if so you might get it hot by running the motor for a while then try to do it when it is hot. Sometimes that is the best way to remove an 02 sensor. I don't know for sure what your doing though since I don't own any yoshi stuff.

I dont understand why u need to take the internal one off but here you are.

I had my r-77's in pieces. You need to drill all rivets. it must be off the bike. Pull off end cap. You must pound with a rubber mallet from the end cap down. Its a pain and you need a 2nd pair of hands for this.

If you are just swapping end caps you do not need to go that far.

I dont understand why u need to take the internal one off but here you are.

I had my r-77's in pieces. You need to drill all rivets. it must be off the bike. Pull off end cap. You must pound with a rubber mallet from the end cap down. Its a pain and you need a 2nd pair of hands for this.

If you are just swapping end caps you do not need to go that far.

No shaft..the end cap has an internal neck that slides over the internal pipe, and now those 2 are fused together...this is because the radius crack had extended to 90% of the circumference so when I tried to remove the end cap it finished shearing and came iff without the internal sleeve..

I messed w this thing for 4 hours yesterday and nothing..:banghead:

Sounds like they should have just gave you a replacement!

Dude..my sentiments exactly..and part of the reason I didint want to get into this whole end cap thing is because I KNEW heat would have fused the internal and sleeve together making it almost impossible to dislodge the end cap.

personally, I don't see why Yoshi wouldnt beinterested in the radius crack from a metallurgical perspective? If nothing else I don't think this is a HUGE problem with them so, if it were me anyways, Id be keenly interested in seeing what went wrong w the metal...

Like I said this whole Yosh experience juts makes me appreciate my M4's ALOT more, those guys over there are super nice and very attentive...they will get my business again...now I just need to do something with this hunk a sht..

Sounds frustrating definately not my area of expertise my favorite tool is :crowbar: if this doesnt work I try this :moderator: when these fail I usually go to the wall and :punch:. Acutually sounds like heat my be a good option!:whistle: Good Luck. You have more patience than I.:bowdown:

Sounds frustrating definately not my area of expertise my favorite tool is :crowbar: if this doesnt work I try this :moderator: when these fail I usually go to the wall and :punch:. Acutually sounds like heat my be a good option!:whistle: Good Luck. You have more patience than I.:bowdown:

Thanks bro, I need it right now thats for sure

sounds like your doing everything right, may just take more whacks with the rubber mallet, good luck

Can you get a dremel in there with a cut off disc and cut thru the outer piece then pry it away from the inner?

Havent tried thqat yet now just gotta find the dremmel:laugh:

You MUST use stainless steel rivets and the biggest rivet tool you can lay your hands on...twobrothersbusa can tell you why i know this :banghead:

Back