God Bless genetic engineering

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
a few less surprises in life... can rob life from your life

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved that movie. Makes ya think, actually.

--Wag--

Wag, did ya watch the deleted scenes? they went into more detail about the baby blending techniques. interesting but maybe too controversial, so they cut it out.

Wag, did ya watch the deleted scenes? they went into more detail about the baby blending techniques. interesting but maybe too controversial, so they cut it out.

Never did see the deleted scenes, that I recall. I'll have to see if I still have that movie in my library and check for that again.

--Wag--

Gattaca is one of my faves. It always amazes me how life ends up imitating art and not the reverse. Certainly the direction we're heading.

Gattaca is one that I have yet to see. From that small clip I think it is safe to say that I would rather live my life not having that detailed information about my child's future. How could you fully "live" knowing your child was not going to have a normal life expectancy?

Gattaca is one that I have yet to see. From that small clip I think it is safe to say that I would rather live my life not having that detailed information about my child's future. How could you fully "live" knowing your child was not going to have a normal life expectancy?

well the only good thing i can see out of that is know what she is predesposed to so you can combat those areas with better diet and nutrition and encourage more exercise. Somebody has to be the 1% that dont get heart disease:beerchug:

I'd like to see that too. Never heard of it.

well the only good thing i can see out of that is know what she is predesposed to so you can combat those areas with better diet and nutrition and encourage more exercise.

Biologists are not entirely convinced of that yet. As we accumulate more and more evidence, we're believing that our ends and our paths are encoded into our genes irrevocably. The trick is going to be in finding genetic "cures" for everything from cancer propensity to wanting to change your hair color.

--Wag--

I loved that movie. Just like any other technology things can be mis-used. It was just good to see something that makes you think.

Exactly.
The movie is worth watching, enjoyable and thought provoking and many different kinds of levels none of which I will spoil for you here. :)
I will say there is much significance about why the father choose to NOT name him Anton - per that clip

Last edited:
Back