Go buy gas today 7/4 prices going up quick/dramatically

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I know it sounds crazy as we've been watching prices drop, good supply and low demand, but....

I was with a neighbor of mine last night that works for a local retailer. He showed me his email: Wholesale pricing went up on them last night a full 10 cents a gallon (to $3.07 and the local pump price is under that) , in addition to the 15 cents two days ago. Apparently the unrest in Iran and the moving of a carrier group into the Gulf as a show of force has the speculators running hog wild.

He said most retailer will be asleep today, but as the gas runs out of their tanks expect a .25 cent increase overnight....likely only temporary but if you are running empty now....

Good to know, I expected them to go up a couple days ago after the bad winds and storms swept us off our feet

But all my vehicles are full ???

I really need to watch the news, WTH are we sending a carrier group to the gulf for .....

It actually went down another penny here today, to $3.13 gal. Even if it goes up .25, it will still be .15 to .20 cheaper than it was a month ago.
Beauty of a small pickup.. If it does go up .25 tomorrow, it'll cost me $1.50 more to fill it from the half tank it's showing now, than it would have today.:whistle:

I paid $2.99 for regular unleaded today.

We put a carrier group back in the gulf with beefed up minesweepers to remind the Iranains trying to close the straight might be a fatal mistake.

Frankly, I don't think the Gulf is big enough for 200 Mile standoff - at least that way they'll see it coming. The gulf is too much of a fishbowl.

Thanks. need to go fill up my zombie emergency survival underground 500 gallon gas storage tank!:laugh:

Here's why:

Iran Threatens Strait of Hormuz

The US and Britain reportedly have stepped up their vigilance with naval operations near and in the Strait of Hormuz. With uranium enrichment talks broken down (temporarily) and the cutting off of European oil shipments starting yesterday, Iran has stepped up its aggression against the West. Iran’s Revolutionary Guard test fired a Shahab 3 medium range ballistic missile (capable of about 800 mile range and well within the range to strike targets in the heart of Israel) along with several other smaller missiles as a show of force in the region and a sign that it has stepped up its threat to counter sanctions against the country.

Parliamentary procedures allowed Iran to pass proposed legislation that would push the military to attack vessels moving through the Strait of Hormuz in retaliation for sanctions which it believes is being “unjustlyâ€￾ imposed on it from Western Powers. The procedural process would prevent this legislation from becoming law
Unless religious clerics approve the law. At this point in time, as reported by the BBC and many analysts, the clerics understand the risk of war and are taking a more measured approach to international diplomacy (ironically). Analysts believe that the Supreme Leader will prevent action in the Strait. But, the damage to oil markets is being done.

Well, still $3.13 here. Guess I'll go fill up the truck here in a bit. Need to anyway, my bi-weekly 6-7 gallons.

HOLY CRAP BATMAN! $2.98 a gallon!!!??? I'm so jealous right now. I've been paying over $4.20 most of the years because of the refinery fire we had. It just started going down in the last month to $3.60 when they got it up and running again.

HOLY CRAP BATMAN! $2.98 a gallon!!!??? I'm so jealous right now. I've been paying over $4.20 most of the years because of the refinery fire we had. It just started going down in the last month to $3.60 when they got it up and running again.

It's not your refinery fire, its the gas tax that liberal WA collects I'll bet!

Here's why:

Iran Threatens Strait of Hormuz

The US and Britain reportedly have stepped up their vigilance with naval operations near and in the Strait of Hormuz. With uranium enrichment talks broken down (temporarily) and the cutting off of European oil shipments starting yesterday, Iran has stepped up its aggression against the West. Iran’s Revolutionary Guard test fired a Shahab 3 medium range ballistic missile (capable of about 800 mile range and well within the range to strike targets in the heart of Israel) along with several other smaller missiles as a show of force in the region and a sign that it has stepped up its threat to counter sanctions against the country.

Parliamentary procedures allowed Iran to pass proposed legislation that would push the military to attack vessels moving through the Strait of Hormuz in retaliation for sanctions which it believes is being “unjustlyâ€￾ imposed on it from Western Powers. The procedural process would prevent this legislation from becoming law
Unless religious clerics approve the law. At this point in time, as reported by the BBC and many analysts, the clerics understand the risk of war and are taking a more measured approach to international diplomacy (ironically). Analysts believe that the Supreme Leader will prevent action in the Strait. But, the damage to oil markets is being done.

War is an industry worth billions. As the two we are in now dwindle down the war mongers will crank up the hype on their next target Iran. We've been to North Korea and do not want to go back so forget about that. Instead we will go flatten another easy target in search of more mysterious WMDs.

Back