GM wants more money????

F

Falcon-A

Gm just asked for another 5 billion again this week. That is amazing to think that this worthless company just announced a few weeks back it opened a brand new plant in China!!

YEAH THATS RIGHT CHINA! And that is after the tax payers here dumped a trainload of cash into their dying worthless company!

So now they stand to beg for another load of cash?? :moon:

I hope all of you are intelligent enough to boycott that company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always thought the best route for GM was to allow them to fill for bankruptcy and reorganize. If the UAW is not brought under control, there will be no future for GM without continuos support from the tax payer.

I too, will not buy a GM product.

I love my Chevy:cheerleader:

IMG_0027.jpg

GM opening a plant in China to build cars for the Chinese market is good for the U.S. economy.

Until labor in this country is willing to work for wages competitive with the Chinese there's little incentive to invest in production capability in the U.S. to build vehicles that won't be price competitive in developing markets.

We should all hope their new plant and vehicles produced overseas for overseas markets do well...after all we're all stakeholders now like it or not.

GM opening a plant in China to build cars for the Chinese market is good for the U.S. economy.

Until labor in this country is willing to work for wages competitive with the Chinese there's little incentive to invest in production capability in the U.S. to build vehicles that won't be price competitive in developing markets.

We should all hope their new plant and vehicles produced overseas for overseas markets do well...after all we're all stakeholders now like it or not.

I disagree with some of what you say. While I agree that the union has its issues, when we as tax payers bail their dumb ass's out they should HAVE to build their products here in its entirety using American employees.

If they want to pack up and leave, then fine pay us back and get the hell out of here.

Funny Ford is doing ok using union labor, why is that? Can't blame Gm's failure on the union.

Let em we didn't borrow Ford any money now did we?? Hell think of what Ford has to compete against now!

Ford is a working the only working American auto manufacturer and now they have to compete against the tax payers money?? Think about it a bit would you before you say anything bad about Ford. Every commercial Gm puts on the air come out of your and my pocket! Ford has to compete with its own $$

Think before you write

Let em we didn't borrow Ford any money now did we?? Hell think of what Ford has to compete against now!

Ford is a working the only working American auto manufacturer and now they have to compete against the tax payers money?? Think about it a bit would you before you say anything bad about Ford. Every commercial Gm puts on the air come out of your and my pocket! Ford has to compete with its own $$

Think before you write

ok since your childish nutswinging on ford has removed your common sense and makes you feel the need to attack me. i quit you.

I love my Chevy:cheerleader:

Thats not "your" chevy its "our" chevy. Since we all have to pay for it we should all get to drive it!

But No thank you I'd rather walk! Supporting that company is just plain wrong.

Ohh and by the way, when you heads crack let me know I have fixed about 15 pair in the last 6 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok since your childish nutswinging on ford has removed your common sense and makes you feel the need to attack me. i quit you.

I wish you would have "quit me" before you said anything that dumb.

Do some of you people not have any idea what goes on in the world?

Do you not know we borrowed them Billions $$$$$$ and we didn't borrow Ford a dime.

Why would you say anything against Ford when they are struggling using their own money to market against an endless supply of our (yours and My ) taxpayer money?

Quit

Isn't GMAC a finance company ie: a Bank?

NEW YORK - GMAC, the former lending arm of General Motors Co., is in talks with the Treasury Department for a third injection of taxpayer aid, a further sign of the U.S. government's entrenchment in the auto industry.

GMAC is a crucial player in the U.S. auto industry, providing wholesale financing to many General Motors and Chrysler dealerships to pay for the vehicles on their lots. The company also operates a mortgage lending unit — Residential Capital — which has been pummeled by the housing market downturn. It also runs an insurance unit and an online banking unit called Ally Bank.

Last edited:
Isn't GMAC a finance company ie: a Bank?

NEW YORK - GMAC, the former lending arm of General Motors Co., is in talks with the Treasury Department for a third injection of taxpayer aid, a further sign of the U.S. government's entrenchment in the auto industry.

GMAC is a crucial player in the U.S. auto industry, providing wholesale financing to many General Motors and Chrysler dealerships to pay for the vehicles on their lots. The company also operates a mortgage lending unit — Residential Capital — which has been pummeled by the housing market downturn. It also runs an insurance unit and an online banking unit called Ally Bank.

Its all tied together. We should have NEVER bailed them out to begin with.

Imagine you owned a business, and on the other end of town was your competitor. Now all these years you did fairly well, you had your ups and downs, but you are doin ok.

Now imagine your competitor doing a crappy job for years and years and now suddenly our government dumps taxpayer dollars (your and my hard earned money) into that failing worthless company.

You get nothing, instead you now have to compete against its advertising money it just got handed to them too yet.

Now wouldn't you at least hope your customers know better then to do business with them and let them fail like they should have in the first place?

How would you feel if you knew people, rational people that still after knowing this is going on still do business with them? Makes those people look pretty damn stupid doesn't it. Makes you feel like why the hell did you do a good job all these years for what? Nobody gives you any handouts.

Think about it folks....

Back