Global Warming... really!?!?!

brpo

Registered
I thought we'd be riding year long in the northern latitudes by now! Good thing I didn't sell off my cold weather gear based on all the warming "science"!

Once again...the term "Global Warming" seems to be a bit of a misnomer. The effect is not simply just the planet getting hotter, and hotter...the climates will begin to pattern themselves towards the extremes. Meaning, when it's supposed to be cold...it'll be colder. When it's supposed to be warm, it'll be warmer.

Once again...the term "Global Warming" seems to be a bit of a misnomer. The effect is not simply just the planet getting hotter, and hotter...the climates will begin to pattern themselves towards the extremes. Meaning, when it's supposed to be cold...it'll be colder. When it's supposed to be warm, it'll be warmer.

So, what you mean is; that no matter what happens, it's covered under GLOBAL WARMING. :beerchug:

So, what you mean is; that no matter what happens, it's covered under GLOBAL WARMING. :beerchug:

Lol...I'll remember that when I leave the bar next time. Honest officer...I only intended to have a beer....but due to Global Warming....I got drunker...lol:beerchug:

Al Gore tried to warn us....shoulda known he was right. hell he wasn't wrong when he invented the internet was he?:rofl:

I used to believe this. Then you start watching the weather every night (because you are old and boring) and you realize that we very rarely are breaking weather records from like the early 40's and stuff. And usually those records are Crazy highs or lows! Seems like weather is always "unpredictable"
Was then, and is now. I do believe we pollute too much, and will have to pay for it someday, but I'm not on the global warming band-wagon anymore...
There were studies done proving that it hurts the environment more to make a Toyota Hybrid than it does to drive an AM General Hummer for its life expectancy. Mainly due to manufacturing the batteries and shipping them all the way across the globe on container ships for assembly, etc. Plus the mining for the battery parts. I'll look to see if I can find it.. Was pretty eye opening.

What he's referring to is the theory that additional fresh water in the oceans will slow down and eventually stop the currents that move warm water north and cold water south which helps even out the planet.

The Earth's temperatures have only been somewhat stable for only a short time. Somehow its supposed to stop changing now because man is here.

I agree that conversation makes sense, but our impact of planetery temperatures is far less than mother natures.

globaltemp.jpg

I didn't coin the phrase, was just trying to break it down the way I understood the theory.

I'd consider myself a pragmatist, so I'm not going to go so far as to say that we need to dive head first into the Hybrid revolution and such, but I do think that there is some merit to the theory. I definitely think that certain areas (obivously those that are more densely populated) benefit from a collective effort in being responsible for the environment. Perhaps not for the sake of possible 'global' reprocussions, but from a health/quality of life perspective. It would be appropriately prioritized though. We didn't get here overnight, so rushing into big, fiscally challenging obligations just to see it through wouldn't be my plan either. As resources and stability became more available, so would more of a push towards environmental conciousness.

I didn't coin the phrase, was just trying to break it down the way I understood the theory.

I'd consider myself a pragmatist, so I'm not going to go so far as to say that we need to dive head first into the Hybrid revolution and such, but I do think that there is some merit to the theory. I definitely think that certain areas (obivously those that are more densely populated) benefit from a collective effort in being responsible for the environment. Perhaps not for the sake of possible 'global' reprocussions, but from a health/quality of life perspective. It would be appropriately prioritized though. We didn't get here overnight, so rushing into big, fiscally challenging obligations just to see it through wouldn't be my plan either. As resources and stability became more available, so would more of a push towards environmental conciousness.

I'am not knocking your statement. Your statement just seems to point out how lots of people (not saying you) blame everything on Global Warming. Including President Bush being the cause :laugh:

Infact, off the subject I know, Bush has now been blamed for the problems in Egypt :whistle: by MSNBC :rofl: (a joke of a network in it's own right) .

It sure would be nice for people to work on the PROBLEM (and yes I agree we need to clean up the air, water and land we live on) rather than just POINT FINGERS AND BLAME PEOPLE, who couldn't possibably have caused the problem we have (in it's magitude) in their entire life. Even if they started messing up the planet when they were born.

All a moot point after December 20 something, 2012 anyway Right???

All a moot point after December 20 something, 2012 anyway Right???

I'm not looking for an argument here, but hasn't it been proven that that date has already come and past?
Speaking of moot points... :poke:

I'm not looking for an argument here, but hasn't it been proven that that date has already come and past?
Speaking of moot points... :poke:

Not according to the Aztec Calender, but then again, the calender doesn't say what happens. It really just STARTS over again. But whatever, I still plan on being here :beerchug:

I heard a guy blame the cholera outbreak in Haiti on G W Bush the other day.

Moot means an arguable point.

And 2012 is going to be a Zombie apocalypse. Now those zombies maybe Facebook generation kids. Environmental protesters or maybe soccer moms. Not sure yet.

The hybrid batteries are really nasty. They strip mine Canada them ship toxic stuff to US then to china then back to the US. Then back to china and then to the US again. Or maybe to mexico i forget. Yay hybrids.

My Busa gets hella mileage and looks way better.

I dont know but it's been pretty warm down here lately :) :moon:

Well on the upside... global warming will bring rising sea levels and of course Florida will be one big sea. Hence, Blanca will have to trade his Busa for a wave runner(a very fast one of course)and then he won't have to use a good portion of every day reminding us how nice the weather is for riding motorcycles.:beerchug:

Actually did a presentation about the Kyoto Accord when I was in college...global warming is absolute crap, the earth naturally goes through cycles and like BusaWhipped said, mother nature has far more of an effect than we think. We're just along for the ride, adapt, & deal with it. Just like the cockroaches. :laugh:

Picture1.jpg

Back