Gixxer Won't Start After Tip Over

ThaDoubleJ

Registered
Buddy has an 05 Gixxer 750, laid it down a couple months back, and finally got it back together and it won't crank, headlight won't come on either, but blinkers, gauges, etc still work. I asked him all the obvious questions (kill switch, fuel, clutch pulled, blah blah blah) and he said he's checked everything. Some "bike guy" they know said gixxers need to be reset after they tip over and you need a special tool. ?? I've never heard of that, but doesn't mean it's not true. Any input is appreciated.

try unhooking the battery, let it sit for 5 min and hook it back up. It is just the "tip over" sensor.

Yep - Tip over sensor/switch.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the headlight is in the tip-over circuit.

If it still doesn't work, try lightly tapping on the tip over switch with something. That's light taps, don't smack it hard.

(GMbusa @ Apr. 15 2007,22:56) If it still doesn't work, try lightly tapping on the tip over switch with a screwdriver head.
or maybe just drop it again.

(GMbusa @ Apr. 15 2007,20:56) If it still doesn't work, try lightly tapping on the tip over switch with something. That's light taps, don't smack it hard.
Any idea where that switch might be? I've only had my Busa a month, and haven't managed to fall off it yet, and my Duc has no such safety tomfoolery.

(GSXTacy @ Apr. 15 2007,21:28) How about fuses, did he check them?
He tells me all the fuses are good, kill switch is on, kickstand down, clutch pulled, bike in neutral, battery charged. I was figuring it must be that tip over switch, but I thought it would be like a Honda, give it a couple minutes and it'll fire up.

Take the handle end of a screwdriver and tap the tip over sensor, as well check the side stand kill switch and lastly put the bike into dealer mode and get the C# readout out ont he dash!
lurk.gif

The tip over switch is located at the rear of the tank underneeth the mounting bracket!, the dealer mode coupler is located at the left side of the bike at the rear, it is a white coupler , un hook it, put a paper clip looping the 2 , put the bike in neutral, kill switch on, turn on key and u will get the self diagnostic on the dash, it will be a C#.

Back