Givi top case on 2008 Busa

jmourik

Registered
Will it be possible to mount a Givi top case, like the E52, on the 2008 Busa? I got to have something there to make sure my wife doesn't fall off!!!

Bueller? Bueller?

Anybody?
rock.gif

with the bike being so new, i think it would be hard to tell until we can get a good look at it. may have to re-design for 08 if the tail section is that much different...

It may require a custom built bracket but it should be possible.

Thanks guys!
I like being able to take some stuff in the top case, so just a back rest wouldn't be enough...

(heavybusa @ Aug. 09 2007,05:38) Just get a corbin back rest
This also requires a Corbin back seat, so , just get both the front and back in your choice of Prime Leathers from Cows, Birds to Alligators  
jump9.gif

repost.gif
This is an older thread but I am now looking and wondering what luck anyone may have had running a Givi Top Case or Side Hardbags???

jan, are you still trying to pick up a Busa?

long time no talk, man. I told Kim I would seriously want an '08 if I could put a trunk on it so she could ride along.

I spoke to Givi UK and they said there wont be a Wingrack for the K8 because they cant find places to put a strong enough frame on to.

I have 3 panniers and a wingrack if anyone want them LOL

I thought I just saw a mount for this from SW-Motech and the 08... Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I did. Check out TwistedThrottle...

Renntec supply a sports rack for the '08 'Busa onto which you can bolt a Givi Adapter plate. However, when I looked at it I didn't think it was strong enough for my Givi E52. My solution was to buy the Renntec sports rack for the Gen I 'Busa. It doesn't quite fit so you have to get it in a vise and bend the arms in a little and elongate the holes slightly. The arms are much sturdier and the base larger than the new 08 renntec rack.
I bolted a Givi plate to it and mounted my Givi E52. No probs, just come back from 2500 mile tour of France with no issues.

Also because the SW-Motech side pannier rack wasn't ready at the time (and because you can't use it with the Renntec top carrier) I had to make make my own. I bought a set of Givi Wingrack2 and indicators off E-Bay. Got some metal tube and flat bar and made my own brackets. This was also a great success. I don't think I'll bother buying the SW-Motech pannier racks now.
thumb_up.gif

Thanks KS, and Steve J...Hey Italian Trev...was wondering if you could elaborate.  I read you post on the 3500 mile run you made and hafta give you respect for that tour.  
thumb_up.gif
  Are you saying you disagree with mounting the Givi setup?  and if so...do you have an alternative?

I'm running Cortech Side Bags and a Roadmaster magnetic tank bag but am looking for something easier to get off and on, more secure (lockable and not easy to steal) and more suited for longer hauls (more storage).  Also - a fit for the K8

Overall would you guys say you like the Givi line or is there something better suited (besides beetlebags...not looking to spend that much for the space you get)

Edit: (this is applicable to the GEN I model...guess I got a bit overzealous)

I This is totally doable and has been done to a few Hayabusa's. Take a look at this thread over at Pashnit's site on setting the mighty Hayabusa up as a sport tourer.

Linky

I'm saving up for a couple of Givi E360 bags to side mount on my bike. You can get everything at twistedthrottle.com but it is not cheap.

do you have an alternative?
There are some alternatives to be had...

Here is a 32L Ventura Bag for the K8... obviously it's not a massive 52L monster Givi, but it does the job, and keeps the bike with about OEM "thin" in width, an important consideration when lane-splittin' in SoCal at a lickety-split pace....
cool.gif

EnduranceK8-side.jpg

Back