Give me ideas for a custom paint job

umairhashmi

Registered
I have a black/grey 2006 busa.Although i like the way it looks i think i might have to go for some kind of a custom paint job to make it stand out more.I want something that looks unique but not insane either.I kinda like the bikes stealthy look.I know some people modify their busas so much that it doesnt even look like a hayabusa (dont plan on doing that btw).Im in south florida.What kinda money am i looking at for some kind of a custom paint? Maybe i can like the bike as it is and just have them add some red flames to the tank and side fairings? How much does stuff like this usually cost from a reputable paint shop? This is the bike right now as it is
DSC00712.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

<!--EDIT|umairhashmi
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148181253 -->

Don’t take this the wrong way as I’m not trying to sound negative. A custom paint job is going to cost more than the bike is worth. If you’re looking for a simple color change from black to red for example you’re looking at $600-800 just for materials and another $1500 in labor. That’s what I would charge if you brought me the parts and I never had to touch the bike or repair any damage. A shop would probably charge double that if they are using quality paint (Sikkens, PPG, Standox etc.)

Custom work would double that price again because there are steps in the process that have to be repeated.

It may be possible to have someone airbrush a design on it. That would save you some money. Another route is to have it wrapped. That’s what I would do.

Below is a thread about a guy here that did custom paint and other upgrades that match the design he came up with. Lots of $$ to do it.

Don’t take this the wrong way as I’m not trying to sound negative. A custom paint job is going to cost more than the bike is worth. If you’re looking for a simple color change from black to red for example you’re looking at $600-800 just for materials and another $1500 in labor. That’s what I would charge if you brought me the parts and I never had to touch the bike or repair any damage. A shop would probably charge double that if they are using quality paint (Sikkens, PPG, Standox etc.)

Custom work would double that price again because there are steps in the process that have to be repeated.

It may be possible to have someone airbrush a design on it. That would save you some money. Another route is to have it wrapped. That’s what I would do.
I'm pretty sure the OP wrecked that busa that he was trying to customize 12 years ago. You have been redbulled.

Wow. That post I made when I was 22 years old more than 13 years ago . That bike actually got stolen back in 2010. Lots of fun times and made some great friends while I had that thing.

Back